Formed in 1988, River Asset is a cycle-tested investment firm focusing on multifamily housing in high-growth secondary and tertiary markets throughout the United States. In these markets, River Asset seeks value-add and opportunistic properties that are in need of extensive capital expenditures and robust managerial procedures. We combine a strategic market approach, an entrepreneurial attitude and a commitment to creating great communities to optimize value for both our investors and residents. Since inception, the firm has successfully owned and operated approximately 4,000 units in various markets throughout the United States.
The Acquisitions Officer is responsible for sourcing and underwriting new multifamily development opportunities for River Asset. This position will be supported by River Asset’s team members through securing entitlements and approvals, budgeting, design, financing, marketing, legal, and construction management. Acquisition Officer shall have a strong understanding of macro and micro economic situations that impact the decisions of our multifamily strategy.
River Asset Management Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Identify and pursue new development sites;
- Manage and drive the opportunity pipeline through direct relationships with brokers, land owners, and referral sources. Coordinate with the rest of team on helping to drive the opportunities forward.
- Identify economic and market specific performance indicators within existing and potential markets.
- Assist in discussions and negotiations with financial partners. Serving as liaison to financial partners for market tours and updates.
- Assist in management of new projects with support of development/financial services team including site research, due diligence, inspections and feasibility
- Represent the company at industry events and at various public forums in order to position the company's portfolio and experience to support future project opportunities.
- Put together recommendation and summary of the acquisition and development opportunities for the Acquisition Committee and Leadership Team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Skill set must span a range including negotiating, procurement, analytical, and interpersonal. Technical, planning and organizing skills are also key attributes. Must be able to facilitate continuous improvement within the function and across the organization with effective communications and relationship-building.
- Goal-Oriented: Demonstrates a track record of meeting and exceeding goals via planning and execution. Able to work independently and achieve the Company goals.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness even in difficult circumstances. Looking to solutions if encounter an initial “no” if it meets the Company’s and individual’s strategy.
- Experience in sourcing and managing all aspects of a commercial real estate acquisition including, but not limited to, term sheet and contract negotiation, underwriting, due diligence, financing, and closing.
- Thorough understanding of financial concepts (DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, etc.) of real estate, though the in-depth analysis can be done by the financial team.
- Track record of business development in the multifamily real estate industry is preferred.
- Ability to align organizational activities to strategic goals.
- Strong computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Word.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate concerns in a concise and timely manner.
- High degree of detail orientation and conscientiousness concerning the timely completion of assignments.
- Willingness and ability to contact potential tenants and purchasers.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of work product.
- High degree of credibility and confidentiality.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Minimum of five years of Acquisition and/or Development is required.
This position is a full-time salaried position. This position requires the availability to work some nights, and weekends. This position will require travel to development and construction sites as well as land acquisition sites. This position also requires regular attendance and active participation/planning at all company functions and events. Driver’s license required.
Learning and Development:
Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job