Provide support and analysis for assigned assets and be directly responsible for the daily operations and client deliverables for select assets. The Senior Associate will play a role in development and executing on property specific strategies, evaluating operational performance against relevant industry benchmarks, analyzing capital investment decisions and how they impact value, and facilitate preparation of required reporting deliverables.
- Support Regional Head of Asset Management to implement broad ranging platform initiatives. Develop property-level operational strategies and analyze performance, capital projects, and other relevant investor factors impacting asset value.
- Coordinate development of annual business plans and quarterly asset reports by assisting in the preparation/review of property operating and capital budgets. Review lease submittal packages via VTS, evaluate prospective tenant businesses and credit worthiness, and perform lease financial analysis.
- Communicate with third-party property management and leasing personnel as well as appraisers, brokers, insurance and real estate tax consultants, and other third party providers as needed
- Perform detailed quarterly financial statement analysis, review of rent rolls, current and future cash flow and forecasting both present value and cash flows. Ownership of investment models, updating returns and variance to budget analysis, distributions, fees, & promotes. Prepare financial analysis to track historical property level results in comparison to industry benchmarks.
- Assist in disposition process, hold/sale recommendations to Investment Committee, selection of Investment Sales brokers, coordination with property management / operating partners, and closing. Collect, analyze, and synthesize relevant market reports, lease data, and transaction details for related assets.
- Support acquisition process by participating in asset management due diligence including leasing reviews, proforma analysis, market and competitive position review, engineering and environmental capital, service contract review. Assist with the selection of property management/leasing teams & assist with the property transition process by working with internal departments.
- Help facilitate lender compliance with asset specific requirements such as obtaining approvals for lease agreements or significant capital expenditures and coordinating escrow draws. Assist on the origination of new debt and refinancing activity. Coordinate third-party appraisals and be responsible for quarterly internal property valuations.
- Assist with presentations and analysis for Investment Committee, Lionstone Senior Management and/or CTI Senior Management.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent, focus in Business Administration and/or Finance.
- 7 years of relevant experience.
- 4 years of analytical and modeling experience.
- 3-5 years of direct real estate experience preferred and understanding of private equity, investment risk and capital markets preferred.
- Advanced Excel capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- A team orientation and collegiate mentality.
- Masters degree.
- ARGUS experience desired.
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years