WhyHotel is a DC-based start-up that operates "turn-key, pop-up hotels" across the U.S. in newly built, vacant apartments during their initial lease-up phase. Blurring the line between hospitality and home, our model provides the value and space of a home-share with the consistency and quality of a hotel. Thanks to WhyHotel, real estate developers now have a new way to leverage vacant units during lease-up and you have a new way to travel.
This position is responsible for senior-level, enterprise sales to facilitate hospitality-oriented partnerships with the biggest investors and developers of multifamily real estate across the U.S.
- Connect with real estate investors and developers on Pop-Up hotel opportunities across the U.S. to source deals through both existing relationships as well as new ones you will build
- Provide feedback and direction on deal underwriting, starting with the initial Investment Committee process and continuing as deals move toward opening as budgets are updated
- Negotiate detailed contracts to operate Pop-Up hotels with potential partners, working closely with our Legal team
- Lead the presentation of complex financial models to senior level real estate developers/investors as part of the process of closing a deal. This involves answering highly detailed questions about our financial models as well as proactively explaining and steering financial presentations
- Coordinate with and project manage our cross-functional team leads to ensure that deals are successfully managed through hotel opening, while continuing to build strong relationships with our real estate investors and developer partners
- Prepare reports and KPI’s for each Pop-Up opportunity to share with the broader company and our Board of Directors
- Continuously analyze and iterate on our enterprise sales process and Pop-Up product, as well as future products to roll out
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 4-8 years of experience in enterprise sales to senior and executive stakeholders, with a preference for experience in real estate focused on multifamily or hospitality
- Experience working with Excel, including a strong understanding of financial models
- Experience in a quota bearing role (preferably outside sales)
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and solve complex problems creatively
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex and potentially lengthy sales processes and get deals to close
- You love the chase and the excitement of closing a major sale/partnership!
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
- Business Development
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment