The Commercial Property Manager oversees all aspects of a single property or portfolio of commercial or mixed-use properties. The primary objective is to achieve maximum return on investment by ensuring ownership and tenant satisfaction, increasing profitability and building value, as well as continuous enhancement of overall building operations.
CIM’s Property Management department is responsible for the asset management and operational services in office, multi-family residential, retail, mixed-use and hotel product types. Our properties are predominately located in the urban regions in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, New York City, Washington D.C., Charlotte, and Chicago.
- Oversee day-to-day operational management of buildings and grounds consistent with CIM policies and procedures, approved budgets, business plans and management direction
- Develop property business plans and annual operating budgets with a focus on increasing revenues, controlling costs and maximizing the leasability of the property accurately and on time
- Achieve customer service excellence through tenant-focused relationship programs and processes that exceed guest expectations. Lead your team to anticipate tenant needs, assure positive and prompt response to service requests and administer affairs at strategic and operating levels for the mutual benefit of the tenants and property NOI
- Prepares and delivers timely, accurate and complete financial reporting requirements
- Forecasts management plans and prepares monthly performance reports, providing all necessary details and variance explanations
- Manages vendor relationships effectively to ensure service expectations and contract obligations, including bid and insurance requirements
- Provide quality-control oversight, implement cost-containment initiatives and liaison between tenants and third-party service providers as necessary
- Lead risk management efforts to minimize exposure and losses
- Obtain certificates of insurance and waivers from tenants, contractors, suppliers and other third-parties and assure adherence to safety guidelines pertinent to property visitors, tenants and employees
- Direct employee participation in company workplace illness and injury prevention programs and assure adherence to accident avoidance initiatives
- Provide post-accident follow-up including reporting, investigation and liaison for insurance, legal and incident prevention purposes
- Direct supervision, management, and oversight of all on-site staff at assigned properties
- Perform financial management and recordkeeping activities, such as:
- Collecting rents and other receivables, invoicing tenants as permissible by the lease and aggressively pursuing delinquencies
- Manage payables, consistent with approved budgets, contractor/supplier performance, corporate accounting directive and expense containment initiatives
- Accurately report transactions using corporate accounting systems and methods in compliance with policies, procedures and timelines
- Maintain documentation locally for management review and audits
- Function as liaison between assigned property and CIM asset managers, leasing representatives, development personnel and other internal parties. Support activities may include but are not limited to:
- Assure space is in show-ready condition, provide input as leases are negotiated and provide cost estimates for landlord work.
- Participate in due diligence activities
- Gather and analyze financial and statistical data for decision making
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, or related field strongly preferred. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- A minimum of two years of successful, professional property management experience in a commercial office environment
- A minimum of one year experience in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated practitioner’s knowledge and skills in: contract administration, lease administration, expense escalation practices, accounting and financial management and reporting, financial analysis, budgeting and expense management, business planning, risk management, tax assessments, tenant relations, construction and tenant finish activities, engineering and preventative maintenance, energy management, security, emergency procedures, garage and parking operations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex and technical materials such as vendor contracts, lease abstracts, financial reports and/or legal documents
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or business owners, tenant groups.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints in a timely manner
- Must be able to apply math skills in recommending budget figures, assessing budget-to-actual variances, computing rent reconciliations, completing base year calculations, evaluating contractor bids, administering compensation, completing management reports, etc.
- Make sound property decisions from market-based projections using knowledge of commercial real estate markets and interpretation of current trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Yardi or similar software
- Knowledge of Nexus payables preferred
- Prior experience with maintenance or service ticketing system software such as Angus AnyWhere preferred
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job