At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It’s a feat that wouldn’t be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don’t simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities — but exceed them, every day.
Within our office business, this conviction guides every aspect of our work. Our signature structures not only define skylines but are also true destinations — bringing together office areas, retail spaces, and dining options all in one. And our high-end design capabilities and strong sustainability practices allow us to create properties that raise the bar for real estate everywhere. It’s why the world’s most respected businesses, non-profits, and start-ups choose us as their partner.
If you’re ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
Work alongside the Asset Management team on various initiatives related to oversight of the Denver & San Francisco Region. Immediately accountable to prepare Quarterly IFRS Asset Valuations for Denver & San Francisco as well as assisting with real-time asset and portfolio valuations for pending strategic initiatives using Argus Enterprise.
- Responsible for gathering data and preparing quarterly forecasting and annual budget valuations for the Denver & San Francisco portfolio including, but not limited to:
- Liaise with Leasing, Accounting, Operations and Construction departments to ensure the rent rolls, recovery calculations, forecasted new leasing, projections, allowances, inducements, capital expenses and operating budgets are reconciled to ensure accuracy and completeness of Financial Models and Valuations.
- Reconcile Yardi ABF to Argus Enterprise models.
- Ensure investment metrics used in all financial modelling are soundly supported by market and qualitative asset analysis.
- Continually analyze Asset cash flows for reasonableness and discuss areas of concerns with VP & EVP.
- Engage and direct third party firms in the preparation of independent valuations for IFRS comparison.
- Confidently prepare timely quarterly IFRS presentation material for the Office Division Managing Partners, including contextual commentary and variance explanations.
Support Asset Management Region with Strategic Initiative Analyses and Formal Reporting
- Responsible for gathering data and preparing desktop valuations and underwriting analyses for various Strategic Initiatives which may impact the region, including acquisitions, dispositions, financings, redevelopments and new developments using ARGUS and MS Excel.
- Consolidate individual asset valuations into portfolio scenarios in order to facilitate portfolio-level valuation analyses, including embedded optionality to evaluate partial portfolio dispositions and acquisition investment returns.
- Assist in analyzing and implementing leasing strategies, including providing timely and accurate NER and valuation analyses of major lease transactions as well as stewarding financial covenant reviews of proposed tenancies.
- Assist and coordinate the preparation of quarterly board book material including review of financial statements and providing variance commentary of forecast to budget for NOI, FFO & CapEx.
- Quickly respond to ad hoc information requests from Fund Partners.
- Responsible for maintaining resourceful sales and capital market comparatives vis-à-vis strong industry relationships.
Business Planning, Audit and Compliance
- Thorough completion of all tasks related to the annual Business Plans, including coordinating and collaborating with respect to the generation of: specific leasing assumptions and inflation curves, operating and capital budgets, modelled recovery profiles and individual asset strategies.
- Completion of final Business Plan deliverables to the respective Office Division Managing Partners, Fund & JV Partners.
- Maintain detailed interim and year-end supporting schedules as needed for internal/external auditors related to regional assets and assist with corporate Audit Compliance requirements as needed.
- Strong real estate financial modeling skills with in-depth knowledge of Argus Enterprise
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance and/or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of extensive exposure to commercial office real estate valuation modeling.
- Excellent numerical aptitude and arithmetically proficient with a sound understanding of NPV, IRR and TVM principles.
- Strong analytical ability, understands minutiae as well as macro-level impacts and provides meaningful conclusions.
- Strong communication and organizational skills; able to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Confidently able to provide results and present to Senior Executive Management under tight deadlines.
- Proven history of excelling within team dynamics
- Proficient in Microsoft applications with Advanced Excel.
- Proficient in Yardi including Forecast Manager & Construction Manager
- Professional Financial or Commercial Real Estate underwriting designation additionally beneficial.
- Must be based in the San Francisco area and be able to work on site in the Brookfield Office located at 685 Market consistently during normal business hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. once restrictions due to the pandemic are lifted.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job