Cedar Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: CDR) is a fully-integrated real estate investment trust which focuses on the ownership and operation of primarily grocery-anchored shopping centers straddling the Washington DC to Boston corridor. The Company’s portfolio is comprised of 54 properties with approximately 8.1 million square feet of gross leasable area.
Cedar currently has an outstanding career opportunity for a Property Accountant. This position is responsible for compiling financial statements, supporting schedules, property rent rolls, management fee calculations and general ledger. The Property Accountant will also prepare depreciation/amortization schedules and straight-lining of rent schedules necessary to reflect the financial statements on a GAAP basis.
This position will report to the VP, Property Accounting and be located in our Massapequa, NY office.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for each property
- Complete variance analysis comparing monthly expenses, percentage changes and year-to-date information
- Abstract lease documents and determine appropriate set-up within the billing system
- Approve monthly rental bills, adjustments and respond to tenant inquiries regarding their accounts
- Facilitate tenants inquiring about rental bills, lease agreements, and expenses
- Monitor accounts receivable process; i.e., verifying proper application of receipts, and collected overdue accounts
- Review accounts payable functions, assuring proper payment and accounting of ordinary and routine operating expenses, as well as larger capital expenditures
- Prepare and subsequently bill annual common area maintenance reconciliation, and real estate tax reconciliation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience. Real Estate accounting experience, a plus
- Experience with MRI software, a plus
- Superior skills in Excel and other computer processes
- Ability and willingness to meet deadlines and maintain accuracy over large quantitative sets of data
- CPA and Public Accounting experience, a plus
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job