SUMMARY: A vertically integrated developer & owner/operator in NYC is looking to hire an Assistant Project Manager. The role of the Assistant Project Manager for Development is multi-faceted, providing direct support to the development team and asset management, through all of the facets of project development, from pre-construction, through construction and finally, sales and leasing. The Assistant Project Manager will be involved in coordinating and managing all tasks relating to the Project, including but not limited to: the day to day operation of the development team, construction administration, information gathering and monthly reporting. Tasks will also involve project accounting, contract preparation, payment application processing, schedule preparation, sales and marketing.
• Support Development Project Executive and PM team on all tasks related to multiple ground up development projects in the NYC metro area
• Interact with Asset Management, Accounting, Investments teams
• Assist in scheduling and agenda management of all project-related meetings
• Record and Distribute all meeting minutes; track follow up items to completion in timely fashion
• Maintain Project Development Budget, including all excel inputs and outputs
• Coordinate closely with Project accounting and Cost control team to ensure continuity between accounting databases and excel files; assist in budget reporting
• Assist in preparation and tracking of construction contracts, trends and change orders
• Periodically or regularly visit construction sites as needed
• Produce monthly project reports and correspondence to high profile partners, tenants and community stakeholders
• Set up, maintain and administer spreadsheets, databases and shared drive Project files
• Assist in preparation of project schedules.
• Extensive contact and coordination with consultants, contractors and vendors
• Assist in processing of Contractor and vendor contracts, change orders, Payment Applications and Invoices.
• Maintain Project documentation, plans and files such as such as construction documents, design studies, approvals, official correspondence, legal documents and other Project related material.
• Interact with construction project managers, field personnel, and accounting department.
• Assist in preparation and distribution of weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reporting, including reports to investors.
• Review, analyze and provide input to project proformas and financial models
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1-3 years' experience in corporate real estate with an emphasis on project coordination, budgeting, information gathering and reporting.
• Advanced facility with Microsoft Office; including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Excellent sense and ability to organize projects.
• Time management is an essential skill. Set clear timelines for task due dates. Keep timelines up to date.
• Superior communication skills with all individuals
• Must demonstrate networking ability and maintain a 'can do' attitude with respect to dealing with consultants, contractors, vendors, prospective owners, brokers, and co-workers.
• Must be a diligent and focused individual who enjoys work.
• Personable, able to deal within the framework of a large organization and work with others as a team player.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks, demonstrate adaptability by often changing assignments on short notice.
• Ability and desire to quickly learn new job-related information.
• Understanding of proper professional templates including letter, memos and address blocks.
- Project Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job