Analyst – Acquisitions and Asset Management
About the Position
srmErnst Development Partners is seeking a highly-motivated Analyst to join its growing team of entrepreneurial commercial real estate professionals. The position will work directly with the principals and capital partners in all phases of the company’s business, including acquisitions, entitlements, asset management and capital procurement. The primary role will be creating and running financial models, developing capital raise and investment materials and manage reporting to lenders and investors. There is tremendous room for merit-based growth as an acquisition and development professional in commercial real estate for an individual looking to grow long-term within an expanding platform.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Help evaluate new acquisition and development opportunities within the company’s target markets and asset classes.
- Developing and running financial models and property level cash flows on the company’s acquisitions, dispositions, development projects, asset management requirements, financings and partnership structures.
- Oversee required monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and business plan development to the company’s investors and lenders.
- Assist with the publication of pitch decks and offering memorandums for presentation to the company’s capital partners and lenders.
- Assist with due diligence of potential new acquisitions including site visits, third party reports and market research.
- Management of transaction documentation with buyers, sellers, capital partners and legal counsel.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and understanding of principles of real estate finance.
- 1 to 2 years of experience working as an analyst in commercial real estate.
- Experience with running Excel based real estate investment models, including structuring and calculation of industry standard financial metrics and waterfall distributions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office utilizing Excel, Word and PowerPoint creating the company’s investment memorandums.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, analytical, writing and communication skills with the ability to multi-task and a strong desire to learn and succeed.
- A self-starter and independent worker with strong work ethic and problem-solving skills; proactive and well organized with strong attention to detail on work product.
- Office location in the East Bay/Oakland metro market with local travel throughout the Bay Area.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Must maintain professional image with brokers and investors and other parties key to SRM’s success.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, including base salary and annual bonus, commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package.
- Opportunity for rapid merit-based growth and partnership as an acquisitions and development professional.
SRM is a value-add real estate investment, development and management company focused on adaptive re-use and new construction of urban infill office, R&D and industrial-flex properties in the San Francisco Bay Area. The company specializes in the acquisition, repositioning, entitlement, development, management and financing of commercial property, primarily through joint venture investments. Originally founded in 1992, SRM has developed a strong reputation for solid execution and turnkey development solutions, having developed assets valued at over $2 billion.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job