Real Estate Investment Analyst
Seeking an experienced Analyst to join the Alcova Capital investment team. Alcova Capital is a mid-market diversified commercial real estate bridge lender. The firm began in 2016 and has lent approximately $300mm across ten major US markets. The firm also makes opportunistic preferred equity and Opportunity Zone investments.
The Analyst will work directly with the Portfolio Manager and Vice President to assist in evaluating and structuring real estate investments. Investments will include senior loans, B-notes, mezzanine loans, preferred equity and Opportunity Zone LP equity across a variety of property types throughout major U.S. markets. The Analyst will be primarily responsible for underwriting and financial analysis of each investment, as well as performing property and market due diligence and playing an active role in the asset management and harvesting of investments.
- Create detailed financial models to underwrite and evaluate real estate investments
- Perform property, market and sponsor due diligence
- Understand the capital structure, business plan and key risks to execution through discussions with the sponsor and market participants
- Identify demand drivers and gather market information through independent analysis and conversations with brokers, consultants and property owners/operators
- Synthesize information into an investment memo and present conclusions to the investment team
- Participate in and provide support for the ongoing asset management of each investment
- Undergraduate degree and strong academics
- 2-5 years of relevant experience. Background in real estate credit preferred.
- High level of expertise in Excel and financial models
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively in a collegial, dynamic and demanding environment. High priority placed on communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Integrity and trust
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job