Our client is a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, head-quartered in Europe. They measure and reward their people, not just on results, but on how they live their Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day.
Our relationship with our client dates back to 2012 and we provide a dedicated, integrated, on-site team within their Residential and Commercial Real Estate groups. This role is to join our dedicated team sitting on-site, working seamlessly with our client in their New York City area.
The Whole Loan Warehouse Middle Office (IBMO) team is a business unit within our Client’s Global Securitized Products Group, primarily supporting the Residential Loans Warehouse Financing desk. The team is specialized in whole loan funding, sales, client onboarding & invoicing. The IBMO team has product expertise across mortgages, real estate and warehouse financing.
Our client is looking for an Assistant Vice President / Vice President for IBMO team who will focus on ensuring high levels of operational control across their processes. They will have a proactive approach to managing risk and improving processes, and partner closely with business and infrastructure teams. They will engage with clients as well as internal teams to provide transactional support across the business and to support all levels of business initiatives. Core activities include; trade validation, lifecycle management, Loan data and valuation validation, clearing management and trade and transaction reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Direct and execute residential whole loan financing transactions (including Agency, GNMA, non-qualified, RTL and other mortgage loans) with trading and their clients.
· Central point of contact between the Front Office and the other operations infrastructure groups, such as Settlements, Security Static Data, Asset Servicing, Treasury and Liquidity Management, and Risk and Control.
· Monitor real time transaction flow, trade updates, and exception queues to ensure timely and accurate trade representation in the front office systems and trade flow to the back office systems.
· Responsibility for achieving “world class” client service, by capturing and executing client terms accurately and executing on those terms in a timely manner.
· Ensuring you and your team uphold personal conduct in line with our Client’s way and call out behaviors, actions or decisions that fall short of these standards.
· Work with Change, the Business, and IT on the full project lifecycle from definition and planning to documenting, testing and execution
· Understand the trading approach, regulatory demands, operational processes, and technology support stack that enables the end to end flow of the products supported.
· Lead significant improvements in the customer experience, costs and control environment through process excellence and continuous process improvement.
Should have successful track record in:
· Creating and supporting growth of high performing regional / function team within a matrix organisation
· Management of senior stakeholders, commercial partners, vendors & auditors
· Excellent communication/influencing skills
· Managing multiple & conflicting priorities
· Ability to lead by example while multi-tasking and prioritizing efficiently
· The role requires effective engagement with stakeholders across the organization including, but not limited to, Risk, Compliance, Treasury, Finance, Technology, Front Office and Operations teams
Decision-making and Problem Solving Skills:
· Excellent problem sensitivity/solving skills and ability to deliver effective tactical and strategic solutions
· Analytical thinking
· Strong Mathematical and inductive/deductive reasoning skills
· High level of independence and investigative ability
· Strategic thinking
· Proactive approach to identification of risk issues and ability to mitigate through implementation of controls and process improvement
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent
· 5-10 years of relevant industry experience
· Ability to demonstrate:
o In depth knowledge of Residential loan terminology with emphasis on financing terms
o Strong team player
o Excellent presentation skills
o Excellent planning/organizational skills
o High level of commercial acumen
o Detailed knowledge of Lean & Agile and track record of process improvement and transformation
o Strong track record of execution and results, high level of drive to meet deadlines and targets.
· 5+ years of MS Office/computer skills
Desirable Skills/Preferred Qualifications:
Detailed knowledge & experience in most of the following functions including holding a previous position in:
· Trade Management
· Collateral & Portfolio Management
· Client Valuations
· Settlement & Delivery
· Asset Servicing
· Due Diligence
· Contract financing
· Experience and familiarity with multiple residential loan products/programs as in Agency, FHA, VA, USDA, Investor, RTL and NPL
· Default servicing (foreclosure, bankruptcy, loss mitigation and REO) pertaining to residential mortgage assets
SitusAMC is the leading provider of consulting, outsourcing, talent and technology solutions, supporting institutional lenders and investors, across the life cycle of commercial and residential real estate debt and equity. The firm employs more than 3,300 employees with offices in 27 markets across the U.S., Europe and APAC.
SitusAMC brings together the industry’s top talent, unparalleled platform and innovative technologies to help clients optimize returns, identify risk, transform processes and infrastructure, and ultimately, realize opportunities in their businesses.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
#LI - LG
- Portfolio Management
- Due Diligence
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job