iBorrow is a nationwide lending company that services and finances a significant number of highly structured bridge loans on all commercial real estate property types. We are seeking a full-time Senior Underwriting Analyst to work with our incredible team at the West Los Angeles headquarters.
This role is an amazing opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of commercial underwriting and mortgage lending while training under an experienced Underwriter. You will work closely with the head of underwriting and the partners of iBorrow LP to assess non-recourse bridge commercial real estate lending opportunities nationwide. In this role you will be responsible for analyzing, evaluating, and underwriting commercial assets to assess risk and help provide informed recommendations to the loan committee. The successful candidate will be driven by intellectual curiosity and challenge. You will have a bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, or related field with a minimum GPA of 3.5 and 3-5 years of commercial real estate analysis experience in a Senior Analyst or Senior Associate role. To be successful in this position you must have strong finance and mathematical skills, robust working knowledge of CoStar and Microsoft Excel, and strong analytical abilities. You will be able to navigate a dynamic and fast-paced environment while staying organized and maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Conduct property underwriting, valuation and market analysis essential to evaluate commercial mortgage opportunities across a range of property types including industrial, multi-family, office, retail, hospitality, student-housing, manufactured- housing, senior-housing and self-storage.
- Conduct analysis for various asset classes in distinctive life cycles including raw land, development, rehabilitation/renovation and lease-up.
- Perform market research (key demographics, economic forecasts, lease and sales comps, recent sales, cap rates, leasing activity, and supply pipeline etc.) to identify potential opportunities and/or risks, and to validate underwriting assumptions.
- Coordinate due diligence activities with legal, closing team, brokers, borrower, and third-party consultants.
- Prepare detailed financial assessments on valuation and cashflow metrics utilizing proprietary models.
- Assist in the presentation and communication of potential investment opportunities to credit committee by preparing detailed memos.
- Concisely communicate risk, due diligence, and other investment-specific findings to a variety of audiences
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, or related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Three to five years (Sr. Analyst to Sr. Associate slotting) of relevant experience in commercial real estate analysis, underwriting and due diligence processes; advanced understanding of real estate finance and associated terms and formulas.
- Demonstrated high-level proficiency and precision in Microsoft Excel with the ability to build formulas.
- Basic understanding of CoStar.
- Strong finance and mathematical skills.
- Ability to handle many moving parts and be flexible, attentive, assertive, and organized.
- Ability to solve practical problems and handle a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists – the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- General knowledge of accounting and financial report preferred.
Why join our team?
- Collaborative, fun, and casual culture which includes incredible camaraderie and company outings.
- Beautiful office in West Los Angeles with access to great restaurants, grocery stores and food trucks.
- Weekly lunches and stocked kitchen.
- Supports a healthy work-life balance with generous time off.
- Passion to provide opportunity for growth.
- Rich benefit plans including affordable medical, dental, and vision coverage and 401K with up to 4% match.
- Company paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance.
iBorrow is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in diversification and providing an environment where all team members can thrive. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job