Horning Brothers is looking to hire an ambitious team player to join our company to make a difference in the communities we serve. Owned and operated for over 60 years, we are leaders in real estate development and manage a diverse portfolio of multi-family housing and retail within the DC region. A career in the multi-family industry gives you stability and the opportunity to provide quality homes for people to make memories in that will last them a lifetime. Join an award-winning company!
As COVID swept the globe, one of the many negative impacts was layoffs and furloughs across industries. We can proudly say that employee support has been one of our top priorities, we made zero layoffs or furloughs since the start of the pandemic and – in fact – added to our head count and provided company-wide bonuses to support our employees during this difficult time. We also see the importance of offering personal and professional developmental training programs to empower and aide you in your success. We recognize that the backbone of Horning Brothers is our employees. We appreciate and value new ideas and perspectives and have a great corporate culture.
The Real Estate Financial Analyst will support multiple functions for all Horning Brothers assets including but not limited to acquisitions, development, financing, and asset management. This person will be responsible for: Modeling, analysis, structuring and financial evaluation for development projects, income producing assets and new acquisitions.
The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000/year.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, review and update pro forma financials for residential and commercial projects via Microsoft Excel.
- Perform due diligence on acquisitions, development and financing transactions such as project management, overseeing consultants, review/analyze legal documents, financial reports, and operating plans.
- Create financial models and analyses for other projects as requested (existing portfolio or new).
- Document best practices and manage documents.
- Market and industry research to identify new business opportunities.
- Supporting internal and investor financial reporting as needed.
- Solid understanding of financial valuation concepts (financial ratios, IRR, NPV, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Word)
- Able to advocate, organize, problem-solve and produce results
- Effective time-management, organization and writing skills
- Excellent relationship building, networking, interpersonal and autonomy skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Real Estate
- Minimum of one year in Real Estate experience or Master’s degree in Real Estate
- Able to remain seating/standing in front of computer monitor for long periods of time
- Able to travel in the DC region
Apply today. We’d love the meet you.
Horning Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Property Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.