Our Client is seeking to hire an Acquisitions Associate in Atlanta to focus on real estate investments across the major U.S. markets in which it invests. This individual will collaborate to execute the full cycle of acquisitions for opportunities in mixed-use, office, retail, multifamily, logistics, and other more niche asset classes.
The candidate should demonstrate a strong track record of underwriting and closing a variety of transactions, representing different risk / return profiles, with some exposure to assets requiring development and/or re-development. The candidate should couple strong analytical acumen with a collaborative nature and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Screen and assess investment ideas and themes by analyzing and utilizing market data
- Evaluate, underwrite, and execute real estate investment opportunities across multiple property types and geographies.
- Build or supervise in the building of financial models in Excel and Argus utilizing budgets, leases/lease abstracts, expense information, market leasing assumptions, and property information
- Conduct investment due diligence on potential acquisitions by performing valuation, market, and risk/return analyses
- Coordinate commercial, legal, and financial due diligence via internal and external teams
- Train and mentor junior team members
- Conduct or oversee market research including compiling and synthesizing comparable property information and maps for property sales or leasing information
- Support legal review process, which may include review of physical or environmental reports; title reports; and surveys
- Support closing process
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3-5 years of experience in institutional-level real estate investment
- Advanced Argus and Excel skills
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure & effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Self-motivation, leadership, teamwork and collaboration.
- Detail-oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Real Estate professionals at our client's firm are generally expected to work overtime hours, to be available for evening and weekend work as needed, and to respond to requests promptly, asking, if necessary, for specific guidance on deadlines.
This job is no longer active.