Mack Real Estate Group, LLC (MREG) is an integrated real estate investor, developer, operator and lender. On behalf of institutional and high net worth investors, we make and manage debt and equity investments in real estate and real estate-related securities through multiple business lines and strategies.
Our equity business makes and manages CRE equity investments in multifamily, industrial, office, land for the development of such, and other types of CRE equity investments as warranted by market conditions.
Our affiliated credit business, Mack Real Estate Credit Strategies, L.P. (MRECS) is focused on transitional commercial real estate lending and other debt investments.
Mack Real Estate Development, LLC (MRED), a subsidiary of MREG, is a full-service real estate development business specialized in entitling, designing, and delivering institutional quality commercial real estate projects.
MRED is currently seeking to hire a Construction Manager. The Manager position will be responsible for providing construction oversight of development projects at all stages, from pursuit through lease-up, which includes communication with Investment, Development, Asset Management, Property Management, and external parties.
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility assessments, assisting in due-diligence research, third-party report requests and concept estimates
- External consultant oversight (design and preconstruction teams)
- Assist in award and negotiation of contracts
- Budget management, tracking, review of payables and processing/review of add service requests
- Assist in applications for utility service and coordinate communications with utility providers
- Regular reporting of progress to supervisors
- Regular in person monitoring and documentation of project quality and completion status
- Review and processing of RFI’s, Submittals, Change Order Requests, Schedule Updates, etc.
- Management of cashflow and contingency usage projections
- Review and approval of general contractor payment applications
- Monthly lien releases
- Verification of construction completion percentage
- Review with project stakeholders (lender & equity)
- Assist in ensuring timely payment of draw requests
- Assist with management of punch-list and project close-out
- Assist insurance administrator in procurement of general contractor and subcontractor insurance certificates
- Asset Management:
- Provide support as needed to Asset Management team on completed projects.
- Other Responsibilities
- Maintain strong client and external consultant relationships
- Assist Project Executives with additional tasks as needed
- Preferred candidates to have 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience in construction management or construction administration.
- Effective interpersonal, communication (verbal, written, and listening skills).
- Strong fluency and working knowledge of building design, development, and construction management processes and procedures, scheduling, budgeting, and program implementation.
- Experience with management of project budgets.
- Analytical problem-solving skills capable to undertake detailed analyses and make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations.
- Possession of time management skills required to prioritize, organize, and balance competing deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a complex, high-volume environment, and competency to work with all levels of management and personnel.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project and Bluebeam programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural Degree desirable, but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
MREG evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. To that end, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
This job is no longer active.