You will play a significant role in assisting the investment team in the evaluation of potential investments, developments, asset/company acquisitions in the US and Canada.
- Assist in the entire acquisition process that is not limited to deal sourcing, researching, underwriting, due diligence, negotiating, structuring and closing of the transactions
- Supervise, mentor and effectively delegate tasks to junior team members
- Assist in business development and building relationships to ensure a robust pipeline of deal flow
- Develop and implement sound business plans to help the firm achieve its long term growth and profit objectives
- Assist to prepare and present management, board and investor materials
- Interface with internal local and overseas counterparties including asset management, portfolio management, accounting, tax, legal and treasury teams to ensure deal completion
Key Personal & Professional Attributes
- Degree in Real Estate, Economics, Accounting, Business, or Architecture
- Strong analytical skills and advanced financial modeling experience, preferably in real estate
- Advanced Excel skills are required. Tableau, Power BI skills are preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in real estate acquisitions, and at least 3 years’ experience working with multi-family or student housing assets
- A demonstrated track record in sourcing, evaluating, conducting due diligence, and closing institutional real estate transactions
- Proven experience in delivering concise and compelling investment presentations to management, board members, and/or investors.
- Acute attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills with an ability to write and communicate effectively
- A go-getter who can work independently and possess an ability to multi-task projects with overlapping deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and process-driven environment
- CFA charter holder or candidate status preferred