PRIME FINANCE OVERVIEW:
Prime Finance is a dynamic real estate private equity firm that has originated or invested over $12 billion in commercial real estate mortgages and sub-debt. Our investors include many leading private retirement programs, university endowments, foundations, and high net worth investors. Prime Finance is looking to add a Director/VP of Special Situations Asset Management in our Chicago office.
The Director / Vice President is responsible for supporting the Head of Special Situations with all aspects of Prime’s Special Situations investment management process with a primary focus on asset management and business plan execution. Special Situations investments are expected to include, but not be limited to, issuing senior and subordinate debt as well as preferred and structured JV equity; acquiring non-performing and sub-performing commercial real estate debt; providing rescue and runway capital in distressed or dislocated scenarios as well as acquiring and operating underperforming REO. The Director / Vice President in the Special Situations team will also supervise or co-supervise the associates and analysts on the Special Situations team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Head of Special Situations with all aspects of business plan execution and investment management;
- Directly manage a range of debt and equity investments to measure and proactively reduce risk and strengthen asset performance.
- Collaborate with investment underwriters to diligence, close, and transition new investments to Asset Management.
- Work closely with internal and external transaction parties to seamlessly onboard investments.
- Establish positive rapport and constructively interface with partners, borrowers, and counterparties.
- Establish and grow market familiarity. Lead the research, analysis, and execution of asset-level initiatives.
- Review of asset-level financial reports to monitor performance and achieve business plan objectives
- Identify value-add opportunities and formulate/implement measures to improve investment outcomes;
- Develop and maintain a tracking system to monitor the portfolio.
- Maintain working models to continually track asset performance and periodically reforecast investment performance.
- Work closely with fund management and capital markets colleagues to optimize capital management and fund returns.
- Organize and lead periodic portfolio reviews with Investment Committee.
- Coordinate with in house and outside counsel to negotiate and enforce agreements;
- Direct oversight and assert approval rights over Major Decisions.
- Source, vet, and manage third-party service providers.
- Manage real estate owned and drive operational efficiencies;
- Develop and review and comprehensive budgets and oversee capital improvement programs;
- Partner with Head of Special Situations to develop asset strategies, implement tactics and analyze costs/benefits to troubleshoot challenges and optimize outcomes.
- Communicate with and obtain requisite approval from the investment committee.
- Manage key operational developments and capital events.
- Present and otherwise participate in Investment Committee and Investor presentations.
- Liaise with Legal, Capital Markets, Accounting and Compliance as needed; and
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA).
- 7 (VP) / 10 (Director) or more years of relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate valuation, credit underwriting, and market analysis.
- Understanding the real estate investment and operating business.
- Principal experience managing non-performing loans and REO.
- Hands-on experience with multiple property types such as office, multifamily, retail, and lodging.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Extensive familiarity with CRE loan documents, legal jurisdictions, enforcement conditions, operating agreements, management, and franchise agreements, REA/CC&R’s, and construction contracts, etc.
- Organization skills in order to handle a wide-ranging portfolio of assets simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer focus and team player;
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Adherence to procedures.
- Commercial attitude.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, growth-oriented organization with a genuinely enjoyable work environment. Compensation will be competitive and will include exceptional benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, RX, FSA, company-paid holidays, personal days, and vacation.
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to learn more about PRIME FINANCE, please reply with your resume or go to to view other opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Although the use of marijuana is legal in some states, PRIME FINANCE maintains a drug-free workplace, and employment with the Company is contingent upon the successful completion of all of the Company’s lawful pre-employment checks, which include a background check and drug test, consistent with applicable law, and which are conducted following an applicant’s acceptance of the Company’s conditional offer of employment.
CA Employee Privacy Notice:
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, residents, and prospects, PRIME FINANCE requires anyone who is offered and accepts a conditional offer of employment, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of such vaccination, by their start date. Anyone unable to be vaccinated due to protected medical or religious reasons, or any other type of accommodation as required by law, may submit an accommodation request for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At PRIME FINANCE, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our business, and our community. PRIME FINANCE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Research/Market Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job