The Project Accountant will be responsible for accounting duties for their project portfolio. The position will be a key part of a very dynamic and fast-paced investment management team, collaborating to achieve company-wide goals. This position should have the ability to work individually and in a team setting.
- Cash Management – Performs monthly bank reconciliations. Organizes and tracks vendor invoices, prepares construction draw package, and monitors payment processes to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner. Monitors contracts and change orders. Tracks lien releases and 3rd party vendors’ certificate of insurance.
- Cost Accounting & Budget Management – Maintains development and construction budgets for all aspects of the project life cycle. Completes various forecasting and analysis to ensure accuracy and completeness of job cost reports.
- Accounting & Reporting – Applies generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to compile and analyze financial information into various financial statements and accounting reports. Makes appropriate journal entries in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures. Assists with compiling ad-hoc reports from investors, lenders and other financial institutions.
- Ad-Hoc Tasks - Provides back-up A/P coverage and additional accounting duties as needed. Assists with year-end tax compliance filing by obtaining accounting data from 3rd party property management companies. Distributes annual tax and compliance invoices to 3rd party property management companies for payment processing, and monitors to ensure timely remittance to various tax/compliance authorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, allowing for clear communication in a variety of settings (phone, in-person and email).
- Thorough understanding of MS Office (Excel and Word) and Google Workspace, and comfortable with new technologies.
- A strong team focus, with dedication to meeting the expectations and needs of the team.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig in, finding creative solutions to new and old challenges.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and with others, building professional working relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- You are resourceful, responsible, highly organized, and composed in the face of critical deadlines.
- You are a competent multitasker, juggling numerous tasks without letting any drop and still executing at the high bar you have set for yourself.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance (equivalent years of hands-on accounting experience may be substituted).
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience.
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job