Caddis is looking to hire an Assistant Controller to help oversee the accounting functions of our property management and medical office fund portfolios. This will include the production of periodic financial reports, cash flow projections, and maintaining an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets. This position will be responsible for managing the property accounting team and overseeing their day-to-day operation.
- Assist in the oversight of 70 bank accounts that are owned and/or managed by Caddis.
- Act as signer on all bank accounts, which includes reviewing and signing weekly check runs and transferring funds as needed at the property and partnership level.
- Assist with the opening new bank accounts needed.
- Oversee property accounting team (5) for a total of 64 Assets under Management and over 4.1M rsf.
- Manage and send reports on a monthly and quarterly basis to owners, investors, and lenders.
- Prepare monthly distribution packages to investors.
- Prepare cash flow projections and reforecasts as needed.
- Review year end CAM recs.
- Create and review annual budgets, monthly variance analyses, and related budget-creation policies and procedures.
- Review monthly variance reports and assist asset management team in determining ways to improve asset performance.
- Assist with preparation of annual lender budgets from a consolidated partnership level.
- Work with operations personnel to continuously improve cross-functional business processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of Accounting experience with a background in real estate required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required. An MBA preferred.
- This person must be a licensed CPA.
- Audit experience preferred.
- Good understanding of GAAP. Fund and NACREIF reporting
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail, looking for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to engage, encourage, motivate, grow and lead a team of individuals with various and unique backgrounds and experience.
- Self-starter who is flexible, highly adaptable and able to work at a fast pace.
- Customer-service oriented with a high level of integrity.
- Excellent communications skills: presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written.
- Strong software skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
This job is no longer active.