Timbers Company is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Company is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth. Grow your career with us and learn first-hand how to shape remarkable experiences for our world-class guests and Owners.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The Managing Director of Business Development is focused on sourcing either off market or self-generated hotel management contract, hotel acquisition, mixed-use resort development, and stand-alone branded residential development opportunities for both the Timbers Resorts brand as well as the newly created sub-brand, Soleil Hotels and Resorts.
SCOPE OF WORK RESPONSIBILITES:
The following are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partner with the C-Suite Executives of Timbers Company in developing the overall hotel product offering, specifically formulating a hotel owner/capital provider friendly approach to structuring hotel management agreements that focus on sharing value created. This offering should include asset attributes and target sizes.
- Communicate the Timbers Company vision, the attributes of our hotel management capability, our experience with branded residential and mixed-use resort development and how we plan to execute on our hotel, branded residential, and mixed-use resort deals. Control and optimize the entire acquisition funnel by developing and executing marketing and acquisition plans and programs.
- Assist in drafting a template hotel management agreement that incorporates hotel owner/capital provider friendly concepts.
- Lead the development of marketing collateral needed to support the overall business development function. Compose actionable, professional, aesthetically pleasing accurate investment memos and pitch decks within the timeframes necessary to complete deals.
- Develop a comprehensive list of hotel management and other acquisition targets in markets that fit with both the Timbers Resorts and Soleil Hotels and Resorts brands. Targets could be individual properties, smaller hotel brands, banks/financial institutions with hotel REO inventory or capital constrained REITs that own hotel assets they need to divest.
- Establish professional network and maintain contacts and records of activity in Company CRM software (Salesforce).
- Monitor competitors and keep abreast of industry developments in order to inform business and hotel acquisition marketing initiatives.
- Find appropriate comparable data and provide all relevant financial assumptions to underwriting to help quantify the investment opportunity
- Coordinate and participate in multifunctional teams to analyze existing market conditions, product mix, property amenities and features, sales pricing, and operational expenses at target properties.
- Create and present investment packages to senior management for review.
- Participate in, if applicable, the preparation of pre-development budgets and schedules for proposed projects from the initial acquisition phases through the commencement of operations.
- Assist in the development of project specific financial models to support both hotel management or hotel acquisitions.
- Partner with the CDO of Timbers Company on identifying value add and repositioning opportunities for target hotels.
- Partner with the COO and Managing Director of Hospitality Sales and Marketing on acquisition target market positioning and value add opportunities.
- Attend hotel management and acquisition site visits as needed and debt/equity investor meetings as needed.
- Determine plans for company presence at conventions, annual meetings, industry events, and seminars.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with existing hotels, hotel management agreements and ground up development
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and goal-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform complex financial analyses, including cash flow projections with complex financing structures, valuation models, and sensitivity analyses
- Ability to read and interpret complex legal documents, identify potential issues and make recommendations
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations (including international)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Development, Business, finance, or hospitality. MBA or Advanced Degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Learning and development
- Competitive pay
- Volunteer time
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Fun team building events
- Employee kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee and other beverages
- Vacation days
- Personal days
- Holiday pay
- Health insurance
- Dental/vision insurance
- Life insurance
*Benefits noted above are for reference only and are subject to change.
OUR CORE VALUES:
We are in the business of making memories, and this mantra is reflected in everything we do and every interaction we have whether it be in Hospitality Operations Management, Asset Management, Development, or Sales & marketing. Our values define who we are.
- Chin up nose down
- Drive it like you stole it
- Find your inner passion
- Be a lifelong learner
- Work hard, play hard
- Find fun and humor in everything
- Respect and integrity
- Purpose beyond profits
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting; use standard equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time, strength to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
This job is no longer active.