About the company: Meridian is a full-service real estate developer and investor specializing in high quality and brand enhancing developments in the healthcare and life science. Our history has been built on the delivery of successful healthcare and general office projects, including more than quarter million square feet on over 15 campuses and 115-plus buildings.
Job Description: The Vice President of Acquisition will be responsible for all aspects of the identification, strategy and acquisition of sites or buildings that fit the Company’s investment strategy within approved markets, as well as development and maintenance of relationships with healthcare providers, brokers (listing, tenant representative and investment sales), sellers, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Source sites and/or buildings to fulfill known requirements.
- Identify and evaluate potential build-to-suit, request for proposal, preferred development opportunities that meet company strategy.
- Conduct market research and gather information on potential clients and projects. Ability to compile and analyze data, comps, and cap rates for financial analysis.
- Utilize the Company’s CRM to create and update tracking lists for potential targets including their respective brokers and vendors.
- Attend and speak at select industry meetings and conferences with a focus on networking, expanding relationships and identifying opportunities.
- Identify core, core-plus and/or value-add healthcare opportunities that meet the Company’s financial metrics.
- Determine the price that can be offered on a property that will provide for yield on investment commensurate with investment guidelines.
- Understand company strategy and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Company’s key projects – ability to speak knowledgeably of the Company’s capabilities and advantages.
- Cultivate broker relationships to gain access to non-widely marketed opportunities.
- Understand commercial real estate, finance, and capital markets.
- Prepare and negotiate Letters-of-Intent for site requirements, buildings and negotiate PSAs.
- Prepare and negotiate lease Letters-of-Intent for anchor tenants and negotiate leases.
- Obtain lease and sale comps as needed for initial financial analysis.
- Prepare investment package and present to the Investment Committee.
- Stay informed regarding area competition with a focus on improving the Company’s competitive advantage.
- Collaborate effectively with the team to convert opportunities into real projects.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required and preferred to be in a related field.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10-years’ experience in brokerage, acquisitions and/or business development roles.
- Healthcare experience is essential.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with high energy and drive to succeed. The candidate should possess a strong strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively.
- Experience in actively approaching industry professionals and a proven ability to build strong rapport and convert relationships into opportunities.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to explain complex issues/data with clarity and impact.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, CoStar, Salesforce, and other relevant software.
- Travel throughout Western United States. Must use personal vehicle; reimbursed on mileage.
- May based in any western state, with regular travel to Northern CA, the Mountain States and Pacific Northwest.
This job is no longer active.