Square Mile Capital Management LLC (“Square Mile”) is an integrated institutional real estate and investment management firm based in New York. The firm’s opportunistic equity platform takes a value-oriented approach to its investment activities, with an emphasis on opportunities to acquire or capitalize real estate assets or enterprises that are undervalued, complex or undercapitalized. Square Mile Capital's commercial real estate debt platform provides customized capital solutions for real estate owners and developers throughout the United States.
Square Mile’s culture emphasizes integrated teamwork across all of our activities. Our large U.S. footprint, enhanced by Square Mile’s strategic partnership with USAA Real Estate Company, enables us to leverage proprietary market insights through a unified sourcing and investment philosophy that positions our platform to capitalize upon opportunities throughout all phases of the commercial real estate cycle. Square Mile has approximately $12.0 billion of investment capital under management across more than 35 real estate focused debt and equity vehicles capitalized by select institutional and private investors.
Square Mile is seeking to hire an Analyst to join its asset management team. The asset management team oversees and directs asset management across Square Mile’s equity and high yield credit investment vehicles. The investment professional will be an integral part of the investment and portfolio management teams and will be involved in all aspects of ensuring business plan execution, helping to identify value-add opportunities, and analyzing and communicating investment performance to senior leadership. Responsibilities will include:
- Generating financial modeling and analysis based on complex capital structures and preparing investment committee memoranda as needed
- Analyzing and assisting in the implementation of business plans including leasing plans, development and capital plans, and ongoing portfolio budgeting and surveillance
- Assisting in portfolio transactions including financings, dispositions and restructuring of existing equity and debt positions
- Developing leasing strategies and marketing plans in coordination with the property management and leasing teams
- Helping identify, evaluate, and recommend value-enhancement opportunities
- Preparing and maintaining quarterly valuations and asset status reports
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience in institutional real estate investment/advisory
- Advanced financial analysis and modeling skills in Excel
- Strong work ethic and a passion for real estate
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Team player who can work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Knowledge of ARGUS Enterprise is preferred but not required
This job is no longer active.