Our client is one of Southeast s fastest growing investment and development firms. HQ in Nashville, the firm has either developed or acquired ~160 million in commercial real estate totaling ~800,000 SF across all asset classes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The VP of Development is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of multiple mixed-use & self-storage development projects located in Southeastern region for the company from acquisition hand-off through to completion and turn over to asset management. This role reports to the CEO and works with other members of the company to successfully complete the developments on time, within budget and adhering to the brand objective.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop scope of projects with acquisitions, asset management and interior design
- Develop budgets / estimates at all phases of the project and manage the design consultant team to ensure development budget is met
- Utilize units cost and estimating software in preparing hard cost estimates
- Develop preliminary schedules from acquisition through expected turnover
- Issue RFP s to consultants and make recommendations to senior management based on analysis of RFP s
- Oversee the design and architecture to ensure owner budget and design objectives are being met
- Present design options/intents to management at differing stages of development
- Manage consultants to ensure owner timelines are met and brand standards adhered to
- Initiate contracts and negotiate terms with consultants, contractors and legal.
- Ensure General Contractor bid qualifications are complete and accurately represent the scope of work and design intent of the Construction Documents.
- Review/approve invoices to ensure compliance with commitments
- Provide weekly updates to the both the operating and development teams.
- Develop & recommend contracting strategy
- Review construction bids for thoroughness of project cost detail, proposed GC project teams, qualifications and assumptions, durations/sequencing within contractor schedules, scope gaps, allowances carried, value engineering opportunities, and provide recommendations to senior management based up bid review.
- Identify schedule and budget risks and develop strategy to mitigate
- Observe construction progress with goal of proactively identify issues and recommend solutions
- Lead weekly OAC meetings
- Work with purchasing agents throughout the development process to ensure timely ordering and delivery of all FF&E and OS&E packages
- Manage the invoice process to ensure timely compliance with both the contract documents and Lender requirements.
- Ensure team is aware of any budget and/or schedule variances. Provide recommendations to team to eliminate or minimize
- Update project forecasts for both budget and schedule
- Review change order requests and present to senior management
- Follow-up on open punch list/warranty items
- Ensure smooth turnover to Operating and Asset Management teams
- Financially close out project
- 5+ years of project management and/or development experience
- Bachelor s degree in Construction Management, Real Estate, or Architecture
- Strong and effective communicator and presenter internally and externally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (especially Excel and MS Project)
- Knowledge of and experience with architecture and entitlement requirements
- Comfortable learning cost estimating software platforms
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Extensive experience in negotiating Architectural, Consulting and Construction Agreements
- Ability and preference for working in a team-oriented setting, and interacting with several departments (Development, Interior Design, Asset Management, Marketing, and Finance)
- Strong experience using construction management software programs
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor, subordinate, and peer employee staff, as well as consultant teams
- Ability to work flexible or extended hours to accommodate increased workload/projects
- General contractor pre-construction estimating experience
- Familiarity with Nashville subcontractor market
- Ground up, mixed use development experience with a particular focus on mixed use and multi-family
This job is no longer active.