Assist with the management and execution of third party permanent and construction non-recourse financing for acquisitions, development and other portfolio real estate assets, as needed, as well as various lines of credit.
- Secure third-party debt for USAARE’s various investment vehicles and develop and maintain lender relationships to support the continued growth of the company.
- Coordinate with Executive Director, Capital Markets, regional teams, acquisitions, development, portfolio managers, asset management, accounting, treasury, in-house and outside counsel for the execution of placing third-party debt for acquisitions and development transactions for USAARE and co-investment entities from marketing through closing.
- Prepare financing memorandums as needed, conduct a bid process for financing options and make recommendations for lender selection.
- Manage and direct mortgage bankers as appropriate. Negotiate fees in the best interest of USAARE and its co-investors.
- Oversee operating and development partners that lead the financing process for USAARE.
- Negotiate term sheets, loan applications and loan documents in conjunction with in-house or outside counsel.
- Assist Executive Director, Capital Markets to monitor existing debt to determine the most efficient cost of capital for USAARE and co-investment entities.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reporting related to the loan portfolio and transactions under consideration.
- Keep internal pipeline reports and databases current and accurate.
- Analyze and recommend derivative options to hedge interest rate risk on floating rate loans.
- Coordinate and negotiate derivative documents in conjunction with Chatham Financial and in-house or outside counsel.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial real estate analysis, investments, financing or asset management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Economics, Accounting or related field. Preference for MBA or similar degree in real estate finance.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Argus is required.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as needed.
- Must be willing to work on-site and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or request and receive an authorized exemption)
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job title.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
This job is no longer active.