Newport Real Estate Partners is a multi-faceted group of businesses whose main activity is providing capital to real estate investors and operators. As a member of the team, you will be an integral part of the continued growth of our businesses through exposure to our diverse network of businesses, partners, and investors. This position will report directly to the Controller.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for accounting operations and controls in the following areas:
- Manage the bookkeeping and month end, quarter end and year-end financial closing process,
- Manage cash flow and other treasury functions,
- Reporting to internal and external stakeholders,
- Developing and maintaining accounting procedures,
- Manage investor earning distributions and records,
- Overseeing AP, procurement and vendor management,
- Manage payroll, employee benefits, and other HR related tasks,
- Manage risk and business insurances,
- Support outside CPA in tax returns, 1099 and other tax related tasks,
- Support internal and external auditors.
- Support the controller to ensure all tasks are performed accurately and on time.
- Ad-hoc and special projects as required.
- Other general administrative duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good US GAAP knowledge,
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field,
- At least 3 years of accounting work experience,
- Agile and ability to maintain a very high level of organization, quality, and attention to detail,
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion,
- Advanced skills in Excel and QuickBooks Online accounting application,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to foster a professional and collaborative environment for the accounting team.
ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- CPA with real estate experience or studying towards a CPA license.
- Project management training and experience.
- Fund accounting or public accounting experience.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US:
- Great potential to grow into a controller position with a fast-growing company.
- Excellent benefits including 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits and paid time off.
Newport Real Estate Partners is an equal opportunity employer. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
This job is no longer active.