Founded in April 1994, Westbrook Partners is a fully integrated real estate investment management company with offices in Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Palm Beach, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., London, Paris and Tokyo. The company is currently comprised of over 100 professionals responsible for acquisition, value enhancement, financial accounting, tax, legal and risk management. Westbrook’s professionals have invested and committed in excess of $14 billion of equity in over $50 billion of real estate transactions located throughout the world, through ten private real estate investment funds. These funds are capitalized by a diverse group of primarily domestic institutional investors including public and corporate pension funds, endowments, foundations and financial institutions. Westbrook sponsored funds make investments in a broad range of real estate assets, portfolios and companies, including office, industrial properties, apartments, hotels and resorts, residential lot developments, operating companies, real estate investment trusts, high yield debt securities and commercial mortgage-backed securities. Westbrook Partners is currently responsible for investing and managing Westbrook Real Estate Fund XI, which has over $2.5 billion of capital commitments.
The Virginia office focuses on the acquisition, development, delivery and management of residential and mixed-use properties in and around the DC metropolitan area.
Primary responsibilities include managing field and office operations related to the land development function.
- Direct land activities at large Master Plan or multiple smaller projects over large geographic area.
- Manage and coordinate contractors, inspectors, engineers and master developers.
- Review design documents, site plans, improvement plans and plats for project coordination and accuracy.
- Lead and coordinates Value Engineering Process.
- Prepare and manage budgets.
- Verify job-specific invoices.
- Direct planning and engineering design for conformance to Master Plan as amended from time to time.
- Serve as principal liaison with regulatory agencies when preparing, modifying or obtaining approval of the comprehensive land plan or permitting.
- Coordinate and review utility company designs.
- Lead the bidding and contracting processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of relevant land development experience (field and office experience preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Highly organized with a high level of attention to detail
• Strong understanding of land development and civil engineering fundamentals and procedures
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong work ethic and collaborative, “team player” mindset
In Return, WBP Offers the Following Benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days & Company Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Savings Account
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Company Paid Monthly Premiums for the following health insurances:
- High Deductible Medical Plan at the Employee Tier level (w/the option to buy-up)
- Dental Plan (w/the option to buy-up)
- Vision Plan
- Basic Life & ADD (w/the option to buy-up)
- Short & Long-Term Disability
This job is no longer active.