About Breakthrough Properties
Breakthrough is a joint-venture between Tishman Speyer and Bellco Capital, combining Tishman Speyer’s global real estate platform with Bellco Capital’s deep life science investment expertise to reimagine environments where companies can create life-changing therapies for patients. Breakthrough Properties is a life science real estate investment company that leverages cross-sector collaboration to deliver environments that foster innovation and scientific breakthroughs. Breakthrough is led by an experienced management team with a proven track record investing in life science real estate. At Breakthrough, we seek to be a home for scientific discovery and innovation because we understand what scientists do, how they do it and why they do it.
Senior Analyst / Associate, Acquisitions and Asset Management (San Diego)
Breakthrough Properties is looking for an experienced real estate professional to join our San Diego office as a Senior Analyst / Associate, Acquisitions and Asset Management. As a member of the Acquisitions and Asset Management team, the Senior Analyst / Associate will contribute to the evaluation, underwriting, presentation, and execution of real estate investment opportunities across the U.S.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Create and manage detailed and dynamic financial underwriting models in both Excel and ARGUS in connection with the evaluation of potential acquisition and development opportunities
- Maintain up-to-date market research for key real estate fundamentals and transactions in targeted life science markets
- Assist in the preparation of investment presentation materials summarizing key investment criteria and considerations for review by management team
- Review due-diligence documentation and coordinate with 3rd party vendors, brokers, and in-house departments as part of transaction due diligence process
- Assist in review of transaction documents such as leases, PSAs, and loan agreements
- General financial analyses and support for a variety of investment and operational decisions
- Maintain asset management models
- Provide portfolio management support including project level communication with LPs
- Become part of a collaborative, multi-functional team
At Breakthrough, we understand that our team is our most valuable asset. We look for people who are passionate about real estate and are ready to hit the ground running. Breakthrough is seeking highly intelligent, collaborative and self-motivated candidates with the following skills:
- 4-6 years of experience in an analytically based real estate investment or finance role, ideally in Class A commercial product
- Advanced Excel underwriting skills and experience using ARGUS Enterprise
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to articulate complex concepts in clear concise and professional manner
- Unwavering attention to detail and dedicated to excellence in work product and delivery
- Understanding of physical aspects of real estate and architectural design
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with both peers and senior management in a highly entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment
- Passion for working in the life science field, and how real estate supports mission critical facilities
As an equal opportunity employer, Breakthrough Properties is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. FULL VACCINATION STATUS IS REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT AT BREAKTHROUGH PROPERTIES.
This job is no longer active.