Cabot Properties is an institutional investor, developer, and operator of logistics real estate. As an industry leader for over 30 years, we have used our expertise and acumen to create ongoing value for our partners. Cabot has a strong team of dedicated, bright, strategic, and detail-oriented individuals. We view people as our most valuable assets, and our greatest responsibility.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Senior Investment Analyst in our Irvine office. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, Investments, the Senior Investment Analyst will work closely with the Cabot Investment Team on target investments, including single or multi-building acquisitions or developments, for Funds and Separate Accounts. The Senior Investment Analyst may have existing real estate transaction experience and will be an active member of the investment team. The person will be a highly resourceful team player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, organizational skills, financial skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The person in this position must maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy regarding all Cabot Properties, L.P. and Cabot Properties, Inc. information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash flow models using Argus and Excel, adhering to the underwriting standards of Cabot and separate account clients
- Work closely with investment officers to prepare well rounded summaries of investment opportunities which will be submitted to Cabot’s Investment Committees
- Work closely with investment officers to prepare investment summaries based on separate account client’s template
- Read, prepare and enter detailed lease abstracts into Cabot’s accounting system
- Assist in reviewing and finalizing investment due diligence materials to ensure items of concern are addressed and, if applicable, captured in financial models (Argus and Excel)
- Work closely with the asset management team to incorporate final assumptions in financial models (Argus and Excel)
- Review and process development project draws
- Maintain and update archive files in SQL
- Lead the training of Investment Analysts and Investment Interns
- Attain mastery of Investment Analyst skills
- Perform other related tasks as they arise
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with an excellent academic background
- At least two years of business experience is required, where internships, summer jobs, and other volunteer activities may be considered toward this requirement
- Financial skills and familiarity with finance, investment and capital market concepts is desirable
- Highly proficient with Argus AE, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Ability to verify the accuracy of one’s own work, as well as that of others
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Team player with a pro-active approach
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all members of the organization
- Self-motivated, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace environment
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality as required and appropriate
Physical/Mental/Visual Demands and Work Environment:
- The job is conducted in an office work environment, sitting most of the time
- Approximately 90% of this position’s duties require use of a computer
- Full Covid-19 vaccination and all applicable up-to-date vaccines doses and/or boosters are a prerequisite for employment.
- Periodic travel is required
The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Cabot Properties provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.