Along with its affiliate companies, USAA Real Estate invests across the risk spectrum for a global client base, managing over $36 billion in net assets under management within a diversified portfolio across North America and Europe. USAA Real Estate provides strategic equity and debt capital, including to capitalize on the accelerating demand for technology-driven real estate assets, to meet the critical need for housing solutions, and for other market and capital structure opportunities exhibiting compelling risk-return characteristics. For more information, visit .
USAA Real Estate is the brand name that applies to its affiliates and subsidiaries, including US Equity Advisors and Square Mile Capital Management, both of which are registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as investment advisors.
Purpose of Job:
The Director, Development will oversee and manage all aspects of the development process for their assigned projects. Provides analytical and technical support in analyzing, evaluating, and deal structuring of investment opportunities. Assists in the sourcing, coordination, implementation and development management opportunities with USAA Real Estate (USAARE) and its partners.
- Performs development management duties (e.g. due diligence, planning, permitting contract administration, budget and schedule development, periodic reporting, and project close-out) and manages day-to-day construction activities of USAARE development projects.
- Responsible for Identifying and underwriting new transaction opportunities , evaluating financial models and assumptions, conducting variance analysis, drafting memorandums and executive summaries, and assembling data for internal evaluations and recommendations.
- Assists in the marketing, identification, development and implementation of development engagements in coordination with USAARE and/or its partners, to include assisting as requested in the implementation of comprehensive business plan for this line of business, along with the development of collateral materials to support third-party marketing efforts. Assists development project deal structuring, including engaging third party vendors to implement the process.
- Assists in determining whether or not a particular investment proposal will fulfill USAARE investment objectives and achieve required rates of return.
- Assists in the formation and structuring of joint venture development relationships and investment structures with third parties.
- Participates in standing development team meetings with partners and develops on-going knowledge of development deal progress.
- Performs other essential duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screening. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Real Estate Development, Architecture, Finance or related field.
- 7+ years of commercial real estate experience with a specific focus on Industrial/Logistics properties.
- Periodic travel within the continental U.S. as needed to support the business will be required, but typically no more than 2 days per week.
- Experience with Industrial/Logistics Development, Brokerage (Tenant Rep./Landlord Rep./Investment Sales), and/or Asset Management are a plus
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite of programs is required and experience with Argus is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will be a team player with proven leadership skills, problem solving skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to work on-site and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or request and receive an authorized exemption).
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job title.
This job is no longer active.