Scout Cold Logistics is a real estate investment and development firm dedicated to cold warehousing infrastructure. The company invests in cold storage logistics and food production facilities throughout the United States. The company deploys capital through its dedicated investment fund. Scout is headquartered in Coral Gables, FL.
The Analyst will work closely with Scout’s Finance, Investment and Asset Management team to manage existing platform investments and evaluate new investment opportunities. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math, verbal and written skills are required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Underwrite acquisition and development opportunities via financial modeling and analysis of cash flows using a combination of Argus and Excel, including sensitivity analyses and various complex capital structures
- Work with team members in the analysis, documentation and execution of various capital transactions, including acquisitions, financings, development programs and ultimate disposition opportunities
- Prepare internal and external presentations and memos regarding proposed new and existing investments
- Analyze market research to evaluate prospective new investment opportunities or strategies
- Interface with internal and external parties, including venture partners, leasing/sales brokers, lenders, accounting teams, legal counsel and other market contacts as needed
- Analyze, research, and underwrite new acquisition opportunities
- Develop financial models and other analytical tools necessary to perform property-level underwriting
- Prepare and maintain property cash flow projections and valuation models, including portfolio “roll-up” models
- Perform and review due diligence materials
- Assist with preparation of internal investment committee reports, market studies, hold/sell analyses, detailed business plans, leasing and disposition analyses and recommendations
- Maintain acquisition and leasing pipeline trackers through active engagement with Investment and Asset Management team
- Support and assist with asset management reports and ongoing business plan execution
- Evaluating, through Argus, NPV and IRR analyses, the financial impact of lease proposals, terminations, and renewals for active and pipeline development projects
- Monitor individual/portfolio investment performance
- Monitor debt service compliance covenants and ensure compliance of reporting covenants and requirements
- Actively participate in internal presentations/discussions, formulate and provide insightful opinions to help develop business plans for new investment opportunities
- Interact with brokers, tenants, third-party managers and consultants, lenders, and venture partners
- Track market activities and develop in-depth knowledge on specific real estate markets, sectors, and investment strategies
Skills and Competencies
- 1-3 years of real estate experience in investment banking, private equity, direct investment or commercial brokerage
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Real Estate or other related fields from a top tier university
- Advanced knowledge of Excel financial modeling is required; Argus experience is a plus
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to independently develop strategies and recommendations for investment decisions
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Team oriented mentality with a strong ability to adapt and interact with team members
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity, attention to detail and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.
Competitive - based on experience.
This job is no longer active.