The IT Portfolio Manager will be responsible for leading enterprise-wide Technology projects across the organization and will be an integral part of the Process Improvement and Project Management function at USAA Real Estate. This is a challenging role that will have significant influence across all areas of the company as we work to continually accelerate the business.
- Portfolio Management and Governance – Supports administration and organization of IT projects across the business. Focuses on elements such as project budgets, resource use, and timelines when making prioritized decisions.
- Process and Project Stewardship – Develop and facilitate the adoption of process and project best practices across the organization.
- Project Coordination - Determines goals to expedite a team of associates through project life cycle. Resolves issues, guides routine work activities, and keeps team on track with project schedule. Improves workflow by implementing suggested process enhancements.
- Strategy Support - Assists in the strategic development, execution, and management of projects. Maximizes available resources while minimizing risk. Ensuring high quality results by employing best practices, engaging appropriate expertise, and suggesting efficiency improvements.
- Collaboration - Works in conjunction with individuals, business units, and outside parties. Assists in negotiations with external consultants or vendors. Facilitates communication across functions to enhance process flow.
- Reporting - Conducts methods of tracking progress and performance. Conveys results of tracking to appropriate parties through reports or other documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
At USAA Real Estate our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
- 7+ years in financial services or real estate investment industry with 5+ years experience in process improvement.
- Exceptional facilitation and communication skills and the ability to present information effectively at all levels of the organization through written and verbal methods.
- Ability to work across multiple, distributed, functional groups.
- Strong enterprise-wide vision (seeing the big picture) with strong attention to detail.
- Aptitude for understanding organization operations and culture and the related functional capabilities of implemented enterprise applications (custom and off-the-shelf).
- Familiarity with standard software development methods (SDLC, Agile, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PPT, Excel, Visio) and an aptitude for technology.
- Must be willing to work on-site and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or request and receive an authorized exemption).
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- Certifications or relevant training in any of the following areas: Lean Six Sigma, Business Process Management, Quality Management or Engineering.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Execution (SCRUM/KANBAN concepts).
- Excellent attention to detail and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interface with all levels of employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to act as a team player
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Enthusiasm for solving problems and contributing to the success of the team and the company
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled
This job is no longer active.