Pacific Southwest Realty Services (PSRS) is a dynamic Commercial Mortgage Banking firm whose primary emphasis is making loans on larger commercial properties using investment capital from insurance companies, pension funds, banks, and Wall Street sources. At PSRS we emphasize the quality, relationship driven services that we have been providing since 1972. We are one of the largest privately held full-service mortgage banking firms in the Western United States with a $6B servicing portfolio and a long-standing track record in the industry.
Commercial Loan Analyst
Los Angeles (San Vicente Blvd.) office
PSRS Los Angeles is seeking a highly personable candidate with a desire to support our loan origination and closing efforts and learn about various aspects of commercial real estate finance. The Commercial Loan Analyst will provide support to a high performing origination team by supporting all loan activities from initiation through closing. They will be working on 5-6 transactions per month and must work under minimal supervision. While experience in real estate or financial underwriting is a plus, the ideal candidate will be detail oriented, organized, and have outstanding computer skills. The Commercial Loan Analyst will work directly with an experienced Loan Closer and a close-knit team of Senior Loan Officers.
At PSRS, the Commercial Loan Analyst will be preparing and assembling real estate valuations, loan packages, marketing brochures and loan documents as well as corresponding with lenders, title/escrow, 3rd party vendors and local municipalities. Traveling locally may be required, as necessary. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and analytical skills and be an effective problem-solver.
Commercial Loan Underwriting and Marketing
- Evaluate loan request by analyzing income and expense statements, determine proforma income analysis and create valuation of property
- Input and analyze this data in Excel
- Review all supporting documentation for accuracy
- Meet with loan officers to review information received form the borrower
- Create loan presentations and marketing materials
- Perform other reasonably related business duties assigned by a supervisor
- Meet with loan officers to coordinate transactions from application to loan closing
- Phone communication, photocopying, filing, scanning of documents
- Review, analyze, and submit due diligence materials to lenders
- Address all checklist item requests from lender to move loan to approval
- Work with in-house closing department on completing checklist items
- Obtain bids for title, escrow, and third-party reports
- Obtain zoning letter and certificates of occupancy
- Prepare estoppels and subordination agreements using mail merge
- Work with Servicing Department on insurance requirements, tax and insurance impounds
- Gather loan documentation and submit closing file to Servicing Department
- Junior college or equivalent work experience
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner in person, over the phone and via written correspondence
- Detail oriented
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise independent judgement and analysis
- Commercial real estate experience is a plus
- Advanced computer skills (typing, scanning, printing)
- Internet research
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Adobe Acrobat
- Argus is a plus
- Must be a quick learner!
PSRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary & benefits package. The salary range for this role is $50K - $70K annually (salary with incentive bonus opportunities may be available with valid CA Real Estate License).
This job is no longer active.