FD Stonewater is a rapidly growing commercial real estate investment, development and brokerage firm headquartered in Arlington, Virginia with west coast offices in Los Angeles. The company has built a fully integrated national real estate platform with a track record of completing $10+ billion in investment, $800+ million in development and 45+ million square feet of lease transactions. Our current investment strategies primarily focus on industrial, R&D, and office. FDS recently launched two new investment vehicles: an Evergreen Fund for a single tenant strategy and a programmatic joint venture for a government adjacent private sector strategy. The firm invests nationally, including secondary and tertiary markets. For more information, please visit:
FD Stonewater is seeking a proactive and self-motivated Associate for our Investment/Asset Management platform. The candidate will work directly with principals and key team members to support the active management of portfolio assets and execute due diligence for acquisitions. It is essential that this individual be hard-working, detail-oriented, passionate about their work, willing and eager to learn, and able to multi-task under pressure.
The Associate position will be based in Los Angeles, CA. Remote candidates will not be considered.
The Associate will act in a team environment, supporting key employees and partners throughout the execution and value creation process. Sample responsibilities will include:
- Asset Management. Responsible for business plan execution and management of portfolio assets; including leasing, asset repositioning, tenant relations, property operations, project management, budgeting, loan compliance, and reporting.
- Transaction Execution. Support due diligence and closing process for new acquisitions, financings, and dispositions. Assist in creating deal materials, including investment summaries, lender packages, business plans, and marketing materials.
- Financial Analysis. Perform various financial analyses for assets currently within the firm’s portfolio to support decision making, including the creation of complex and dynamic pro forma models and sensitivity analyses for project cash flows, investment valuation, and return projections.
- Investor Reporting: Produce periodic investment reports, distribution schedules, waterfalls, and coordinate responses to investor requests and questions.
- Interest in an entrepreneurial and growing business environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Candidates with advanced degrees also considered.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Project/construction management experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills required. The ideal candidate will possess an aptitude for complex financial models.
- Proficient with Excel and Argus.
- Meticulous attention to detail, organized, and efficient.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects effectively and on deadline.
- High energy individual with the ability to work without direct supervision.
- The highest level of personal integrity and ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary + bonus commensurate with experience
- Potential ability to participate in firm-affiliated investments
- Health Care coverage availability
- Corporate 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation benefits
- Hybrid work policy (currently a minimum of 3 days in the office per week)
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.