New York based development firm is seeking a Development Associate to help in the development of projects in New York and select markets around the US. This position acts as the real estate point for all projects as assigned to them. An associates portfolio may include a mixture of acquisitions, development, operational projects, and divestiture projects. This position is the main point of contact for each project and manages all outside real estate vendor relationships for their developments. Associates will oversees all real estate deliverables needed for development through operations, and financial closing(s).
Areas of Responsibility & Job Requirements:
- Perform financial modeling and analysis to evaluate and structure transactions
- Strong financial modeling skills a MUST (Excel, ARGUS) and project management skills (Project)
- Management of project planning, design, construction estimating, project team selection, and GC oversight
- Maintaining budgets, schedule, while working in tandem with in-house design, construction, legal and accounting personnel
- Responsible for market research and property-level due diligence
- Assist in negotiation of agreements including leases, amendments, easements, purchase agreements, etc.
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of getting things done effectively and independently
- A team player, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, balance changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business or planning required
- MBA degree in real estate, business or planning preferred but not required
Years of Industry Experience Required:
- 5+ years of real estate investing experience, specifically in the New York metro area
- Experience with mixed-use projects preferred but not required
This job is no longer active.