Martin Commercial Properties is a vertically integrated commercial real estate firm with an established track record of delivering superior service and results since 1962. With offices in Lansing and Grand Rapids, we provide strategic advice and execution in five core lines of business including brokerage services, property management, corporate services, investment properties, and project management. We are proud to be a family owned and operated company.
We are looking for an experienced Property Manager to join our team and manage a portfolio of multiple and/or single-building commercial real estate properties. The Property Manager is accountable for all facets of performance and owner communication including but not limited to operations, financial, marketing and leasing.
- Coordinate all management related responsibilities with administrative staff, assistant property managers, other property managers, maintenance, leasing, and accounting.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate annual budgets for clients/owners.
- Communicate regularly with tenants, clients, and internal staff.
- Oversee work orders, preventive maintenance work, capital work, invoice approval, project management, move-in and move-out coordination, direct internal and third party to perform routine and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain and update preventative maintenance logs and follows up accordingly.
- Prepare and approve lease language, lease proposal forms, lease documents, communication to tenant/leasing representative.
- Prepare monthly written reports to include in month-end owner package put together in conjunction with accounting and leasing teams.
- Prepare ProCalc assessments and submit with each lease proposal.
- Manages all renewal in conjunction with client.
- Route/authorize all payments from client operating account. Follows up on AR/AP.
- Responsible for meeting departmental and company objectives and timelines.
- Utilize a proactive approach when dealing with investment objectives – provide and communicate ideas and insights to drive bottom line profitability.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of policy, procedures, and business practices to achieve complex results.
- All other tasks related to the assigned portfolio and company objectives.
Ideal Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5+ years’ experience managing commercial real estate properties.
- Real Estate Salesperson License with State of Michigan
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Yardi software
- Ability to solve problems, multitask and work with varying personalities.
- Superior customer service, communication, and follow-through skills.
- Strong work ethic and be committed to the tasks each day.
- Be present and work ahead of daily schedule for long-term success.
- Non-standard working hours may apply.
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance Coverage for Employees including dental and vision
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- Matching 401K
Apply for this job