Copford Capital Management (“Copford”) is a single-family office serving the interests and financial reporting needs of the founders (family name confidential) of a large operating business focused on real estate. Copford prides itself on its stability, supportive atmosphere, strong sense of teamwork, and an office environment rooted in the spirit of hospitality. We are a small team of professionals, working closely to achieve large goals. The investments of the Family Office are principally in real estate assets, both throughout the US and internationally, and also include a mix of private equity and venture capital.
We are currently looking to add an Accountant to the Copford team. As a key member of Copford’s accounting and financial reporting team, the accountant will assume an important strategic and operational role in the accounting and financial reporting and analysis of the various entities under Copford’s management. This position is located in our corporate office in the Denver Tech Center.
Copford’s belief in excellence and the application of hospitality principals to our work environment guide our office in all aways. We offer a unique blend of work-life balance, long-term stability, and flexibility that produces significant benefits for our high-achieving team. The position offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as a host of unique additional perks, found both within and outside the Copford office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the timely preparation of monthly construction draws – find and copy/print all necessary backup, organize backup, and scan draw before submission to lender.
- Create and record journal entries in appropriate accounting systems.
- Bill pay, expense management, and bank account reconciliation for all investment and other related entities.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package for all investments and other related entities.
- Code all construction & investment related invoices and process in appropriate accounting systems.
- Manage and account for two retail entities.
- Experience direct interaction with the company's founders.
- Actively work with tax accountants throughout the year regarding tax reporting, payments, and monitoring.
- Process tax payments and manage inquiries.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Various accounting and investment special projects as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and relationship building skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- CAM experience is highly desirable.
- Accounting experience required, specifically General Ledger, Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Financial Statement preparation, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skillset required.
- Hospitality and property experience preferred.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, M3, Yardi and other accounting platforms is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an accounting focus.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in an Accounting role.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $100,000
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated based on qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
This job is no longer active.