About the Company: Pacific Urban Investors (‘PUI’) is an industry-leading multifamily investment firm and pension fund manager. PUI is focused exclusively on the multifamily rental space and has successfully deployed well-timed strategies to the benefit of its institutional partners and stakeholders.
Since its inception in 1998, PUI has completed over $13 billion in apartment transactions on behalf of its own account and those of its valued strategic institutional partners. Today, PUI has eight offices, with over sixty-five professionals and an owned apartment portfolio, in excess of $7.5 billion dollars.
Committed to the communities in which we operate and to sustainability, PUI utilizes its branded Ecologic program of initiatives to bring environmentally aware features into the communities and to each resident’s apartment home. PUI placed #1 in the nation in each of the last two years in the GRESB Environmental, Social, and Governance competition, demonstrating the firm’s focus and achievement in these areas.
Job Description: We are currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Investment Analyst in our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate will have the analytical skills to accurately underwrite prospective multifamily investments throughout the Los Angeles-Ventura-San Diego-Orange County-Inland Empire markets, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, strong interpersonal abilities are needed to interface with brokers, owners, and internal executives. This position is best suited for candidates with long term aspirations of becoming an Investment Officer with sourcing responsibilities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and prepare valuations for potential acquisitions utilizing Microsoft Excel – using our internal models to incorporate market data and property operating history into each valuation
- Research and analyze numerous submarkets, both from the desk and “in the field," to gain intimate knowledge of targeted opportunities
- Track rent, sales, and new development activities in each of the submarkets
- Conduct and coordinate due diligence activities involving the audit of leases and financial operations, analysis of market competitors, synthesis of third party reports, assessment of physical deficiencies and renovation opportunities
- Prepare and present materials to Pacific’s Investment Committee
- Participate in various analytical projects as required in the Investments Department
- Some travel within the Southern California area will be required May perform other duties as needed
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience and sound fundamental knowledge of financial analysis; experience with real estate valuations a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, as well as proficiency with MS Word & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability in interpersonal and business communications; excellent writing skills required
- Base Salary commensurate with experience
- Incentive bonus based on individual and company performance
- PUI would like to thank you for applying; for efficiency in evaluating candidates, please provide information to the contact noted herein and do not contact staff members, directly.
- Due to the volume of responses received, only qualified candidates will receive a response.
- PUI is currently following a hybrid model until further notice.
- Local candidates only, no relocation expenses provided
The compensation plan for this role will be commensurate with the skills required of the position. As such, it will be comprised of a base salary, and an annual performance-based incentive which is determined upon individual and portfolio performance. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- 401k + Employer Contribution
- Medical (H.S.A./HDHP option w/ Employer Contribution)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Term Life & AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- Long-Term Disability
- Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Accident
Depending on the role, other benefits such as commissions, educational assistance program (tuition reimbursement), referral program, and/or car allowance may be applicable.