FPM Partners (“FPM”) is a rapidly growing real estate private equity firm seeking a full-time asset manager to join its team. Founded in 2019 and based in Los Angeles, California, FPM focuses on acquiring and operating value-add multifamily real estate in high-growth Western and Midwest U.S. markets. FPM’s current portfolio consists of nearly 5,000 units.
The asset manager will be responsible for the oversight of a portfolio of apartment communities located across the Western United States. The asset manager will be responsible for the ongoing performance of each property, overseeing business plan execution, financial performance, and overall operations in collaboration with third-party managers. The asset manager will report to FPM’s Senior Director of Asset Management
- Manage third-party property management firms, including onsite and regional staff.
- Develop and adhere to operating budgets, capital investment plans, leasing/marketing plans, cost control strategies, risk management strategies, and other significant operational strategies with the goal of increasing/maximizing value.
- Visit all properties within the portfolio on a regular basis to oversee operations, ongoing capital projects and on-site staff.
- Work with FPM’s construction manager and/or third parties to oversee renovations and capital projects.
- Review financial reporting and variance analyses and coordinate with accounting personnel to ensure that financial statements are accurately presented.
- Prepare and assist with lender, internal, and investor reporting, including monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement reviews and miscellaneous related financial analysis.
- 5-7 years of prior market rate, multifamily real estate asset management experience.
- Qualified candidates will have overseen a portfolio of diverse multifamily communities.
- Strong skills and demonstrated experience in multifamily asset management and/or operations.
- Thorough understanding of reporting and financial statements.
- Knowledge of and experience managing multifamily value-add projects and business plans.
- Ability to travel 2-3 days per month.
- Team player with the ability to work independently, manage time efficiently, and multi-task.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Candidates must be able to start by January 2024 to be considered.
This job is no longer active.