Lone Star Capital (LSC) is a fast-growing multifamily investment firm with in-house property and construction management. With a current portfolio value of $500M, LSC is gearing up for the next growth phase by strengthening its financial leadership.
As a small team of seven based in the One World Trade Center, we are on the hunt for an entrepreneurial, meticulous, and proactive Controller. This position offers a unique opportunity to play a hands-on role in building out the financial direction of the firm and reports directly to our founder and principal, Kent Piotrkowski.
- Prepare monthly financial statements: including P&L, cash flow, general ledger, and balance sheet.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions across all ledgers.
- Enhance and refine the system of accounts, ensuring adherence to best bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Manage all banking activities, such as opening new accounts and processing wire transfers.
- Supervise accounting staff and perform/review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Supervise monthly investor distributions.
- Collaborate with affiliate property management firm on property level financials, facilitating functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, ledger maintenance, reconciliations, and financial report generation.
- Oversee the annual K-1 preparation with an external CPA firm.
- Scout for avenues to improve system/process efficiencies and recommend enhancements.
- Partner with the asset management team for regular lender interactions, ensuring loan compliance.
- Produce periodic investor reports in collaboration with the asset management team.
- Handle lender construction draws.
- Oversee corporate-level payroll and treasury functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of solid accounting experience
- Proficiency in ResMan and Sage Intacct is preferred
- A track record that speaks of integrity and trustworthiness
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple tasks or projects concurrently
- CPA certification is a plus
- Proven experience in managing both mid- and entry-level accounting personnel
This job is no longer active.