Established in the Chicago Metropolitan area in 1955, Matanky Realty Group is a full service real estate firm offering expertise in brokerage, acquisition, development, redevelopment, real estate consulting, leasing and management. The Company’s operation is focused on retail with a specialty in community and neighborhood shopping centers. We work to improve the retail and service options available in all types of communities regardless of race, ethnic background and income. We are growing and want to explore a broader range of commercial real estate opportunities to expand our portfolio and our reach.
Matanky Realty Group is currently searching for a CFO to help us plan and implement that growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for evaluating the health of the business
- Responsible for final review of all financial statements.
- Perform cash management functions and oversee all accounting functions.
- Implement new and innovative procedures current with the technologies available for increased efficiencies.Establish and execute internal controls over all of the company’s accounting and financial procedures
- Join the executive team of the company in order to plan going forward.
- Coordinate with external tax accountants for income tax preparation and auditors who prepare internal audits of the company.
- Assist in negotiating lines of credit and vendor agreements, as well as review all financial contracts, agreements and insurance policies.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive financial information to the executive team for long-term financial planning.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and/or Experience):
- 5- 7 years of experience with collections for a real estate firm preferred
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw accurate conclusions.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Argus, Outlook as well as Yardi.
- Prior relevant experience in real estate dealing with primarily commercial tenants.
- Experience dealing with CAM and Tax reconciliations.
- Ability to interpret lease language and its application related to the tenant rent payment.
- 4 year College degree required.
- Entrepreneurial minded
- Accounting / Control
This job is no longer active.