Are you passionate about providing a world class employee experience to Microsoft employees and leading & developing a high performing team of business professionals? Do you want to have a significant role in influencing our workplace to attract and retain the best talent?
The Microsoft Real Estate and Facilities Team (RE&F) is focused on empowering every organization and individual at Microsoft to achieve more. There are over 44,000 Microsoft Employees that call Puget Sound home. Our team strives every day to deliver the workspaces and services that enable individuals to achieve their highest potential.
As part of the Puget Sound Real Estate and Facilities (RE&F) team, this role is on a team that has oversight on delivery of 500+ construction projects annually. The projects range from lifecycle renewal and renovations of existing office buildings to large tenant improvement projects. This position has responsibility for supplier management and working directly with clients within Microsoft’s Business Groups to deliver efficient, effective workplace-related space through our Intelligent Workplace Program.
You will work on innovative and high-impact business projects, working with our internal business partners, industry experts and strategic vendors to further foster innovation while delivering renowned solutions across our campus.
· Working with RE&F’s Integrator and other key suppliers, deliver construction projects on schedule, within approved budgets, and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
· Working with RE&F’s Planning and Integrated Facilities Management teams and key suppliers to deliver construction projects on schedule, within approved budgets, and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
· Working with the construction services provider, oversee the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets for all assigned projects including resource requirements; analyze process flows for all operational processes relating to the delivery service and the assigned projects to recommend changes resulting in cost savings, enhanced customer service, or improved asset management.
· Organizing and drive large teams of industry professionals and project support staff towards successful completion of project objectives. Providing leadership in facilitating timely decision-making and integration of key stakeholder groups and required milestones.
· Setting clear goals for supplier and project teams, assigning responsibilities, measuring performance and seeking and delivering feedback to achieve quality, timely results.
· Developing strong client relationships with Business Group stakeholders. Become familiar with the client’s vision, business strategy and understand their rhythm of the business, organization and performance measures.
· Bridge the gap with client groups in terms of construction and real estate, and represent a client’s best interest throughout design and construction.
· Driving action and decisions, supported by analytical rigor and data, among clients and partner stakeholders by utilizing and facilitating an awareness of business needs and priorities at multiple levels within the company. Proactively engage with clients and partners to solve problems and effectively balance specific client needs with the broader Microsoft interests and the Puget Sound portfolio.
This position requires significant experience (10+ years) in real estate development or construction with at least 3 years working as a corporate real estate professional or public sector preferred. Experience delivering on innovative, new workplace solutions is desired. Bachelors’ Degree required; Master’s degree in Real Estate, MBA, or science field preferred.
The successful candidate must have the following skill set:
· Significant real estate development experience
· Ability to impact & influence clients
· Strong verbal, written, communication & presentation skills
· Project and program management skills
· Strong process orientation
· Strong individual accountability and execution
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
· Ability to evangelize, communicate and collaborate well at all levels of the company (CRM)
· Ability to lead and motivate large teams
· Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive towards effective decision making
· Ability to communicate at all levels of working relationships
In addition to these broad program management skills this position requires a deep knowledge of subject matter including:
· Deep knowledge and passion for construction
· Experience with a variety of project types ranging from tenant improvements to build-to-suits to new, owned construction
· Knowledge of building systems and processes
· Ability to understand the development and interpretation of architectural designs and drawings
· Scope, schedule, and budget control techniques
· Knowledge of industry standard construction procurement and contracting methodologies, with the ability to drive contracting process
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Experience and ability to engage and manage local jurisdictions and public agencies as required
This position will be based in the Puget Sound area.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Project Management
10+ to 15 years