Fitch Ratings is adding a highly motivated commercial real estate finance professional to manage a portfolio of existing commercial mortgage-backed securities. Successful candidates analyze and develop credit opinions on CMBS transactions, communicate credit opinions to the public and publish research on transactions and industry trends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and assess credit strengths and risks of commercial real estate properties, and the related loan structures, U.S and Canadian CRE markets, and property cash flow underwriting and valuations.
- Use quantitative skills to analyze loan level and industry trends within an assigned portfolio.
- Analyze credit characteristics of loan and bond structures and be able to recommend any rating changes to committee.
- Communicate rating conclusions to credit committee.
- Publish detailed transaction reports, rating commentaries and research reports.
- Bachelor's degree
- One to 5 years direct experience underwriting, valuing or working out commercial real estate
- Expertise in Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills, including ability to multitask.
- Familiarity with commercial property types.
- Effective communication skills including strong writing ability.
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change.
- Securitization or capital markets experience a plus.
- Loan workout and/or lending experience a plus.
- Open to New York City or Chicago
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is majority-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job