ShopCore owns and operates dominant community and power shopping centers in top U.S. Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSA's).
We foster a proactive, collaborative culture throughout our organization and a spirit of partnership with the communities in which we operate. We are an affiliate of The Blackstone Group, one of the largest real estate owners and managers in the world, providing significant financial strength and long-term stability.
Due to our continued expansion, we have an immediate opening for an energetic, conscientious and detailed oriented Transactions Analyst who enjoys making a difference, being part of a team, and takes pride in their career.
Position Summary: The Transactions Analyst position is responsible for providing financial and strategic analysis support to the Transactions department.
Position(s): Transaction Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Number of Openings: 2
- Provide analysis and support for underwriting, due diligence and closing of acquisitions and dispositions by collecting information and preparing, reviewing and summarizing various reports
- Assist in modeling investment opportunities, building forecasted cash flows and transaction valuations
- Produce and review investment packages by highlighting economic, demographic and market data as well as delivering SWOT analyses for senior management
- Conduct various analyses related to leasing deal approval and key operating metrics
- Communicate with external parties regarding transaction activity including partners, brokers, lenders, lawyers and prospective investors
- Support the Asset Management Department with analysis and various reporting requirements
- Spearhead special projects as directed by CEO and/or EVP of Asset Management
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, or related field from a top-tier University
- 2-4 years of financial experience
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Strong understanding of financial analysis concepts, including, but not limited to, net present value, rates of return, cash flows, financials statements and lease terms
- Advanced knowledge of various financial acquisition modeling techniques
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Argus Enterprise (AE); Argus Certification a plus
- Proactive, detail-oriented, excellent interpersonal and writing skills, ability to prioritize, high degree of integrity and collaborative
- Work performed in a general office environment. May require extended hours.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including medical, HSA, dental, vision, life, a 401k match option, paid PTO and holidays.
If you want to join a dynamic team that believes integrity is the bedrock of business and stresses that our most valuable assets are our employees; then attach your resume, list of certifications, salary history, and a well written cover letter indicating why you are the best candidate for this position.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of ShopCore Properties. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job holder’s responsibility.
*Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.