We have a great opportunity available for a strategic Director of Construction to join our team at our home office in San Diego. As a national mixed-use development platform, this position will provide guidance and support with planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, data and document control, and technical direction; ensure compliance with quality and brand standards on all construction; assists with organization of national project teams; and perform other duties as assigned. Below are some key details on the responsibilities in this role.
- Establish and maintain executive-level relationships with active and potential future General Contracting companies
- Identify qualified General Contractors for specific projects and uses
- Lead the General Contractor selection process and the negotiation of contracts between the Owner and General Contractor
- Coordinate with General Contractor relationships to provide pricing/key input on new business projects
- Perform periodic site visits and project reviews to ensure adherence to project requirements and standards
- Team with individuals directly managing projects (including Construction Manager and Development Director) to ensure timely and successful project completion. Assist with major change order reviews and negotiations. Manage strict adherence to budgetary, safety, and general compliance guidelines
- Prepare and provide project status reports to leadership on Contractor performance, summary of budget and change orders required for billing, tenant coordination requirements, major design changes and other key issues
- Provide input on project objectives and architectural plans, performance requirements, and project participants
- Develop effective communication mechanisms to ensure alignment of all participants, including Owner, Design team, and Contractors
- Assist development teams with preconstruction efforts on active projects
- Assist in identifying and hiring of qualified Construction Managers.
- Coordinate and support Construction Management project activity
- Assist with technical and financial briefings to financial partners
- Assist with project team interaction with building officials
- Fill in for Construction Managers as needed
What It Takes
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree in construction management preferred
- 15+ years of experience in construction management including vertical commercial real estate development.
- Experience with urban, vertically-integrated mixed-use development projects. Uses include for sale and for rent multi-family residential, retail, office and hotel.
- Excellent communication and software skills including ability to use Microsoft Project and Excel
- Thorough knowledge of industry legal issues and safety standards
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Ability to organize and lead a team effort
- Good client management and ability to garner goodwill
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Effective and logical decision-making ability
- Whatever it Takes approach
To Make Special Places Happen, it starts here at hOMe.
- We are thinkers, doers and problem solvers who live in the solution, not in the problem.
- We show gratitude.
- We believe that when you give some of you away, you get back fivefold.
- We look for our similarities, celebrate our individuality and are not afraid to show our vulnerability because that is how we grow.
- We go through our days with our eyes up and hearts open, seeking to engage and inspire.
- At OM, we understand that dreaming can be a very productive place to be.
We are proud to offer our Team Members what they value most:
- Competitive compensation, including eligibility for annual bonus
- Excellent extended health benefits
- 401k contributions and matching
- Leadership development and mentorship programs
- Opportunity for advancement in a growing organization
- Beautiful downtown office, with onsite chef and paid parking
Are you our next team member? If you are interested in becoming part of the OM Team, please submit your resume for consideration. We look forward to connecting with you!
OliverMcMillan, Inc., a Brookfield Residential company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More than 15 years
This job is no longer active.