Strategic construction director of a national mixed-use development platform. Provides guidance and support as needed with planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, control, and technical direction; ensures compliance with quality standards on all construction; and performs other duties as assigned.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conduct preconstruction services for new projects.
- Reviews and participates in General Contractor selection and in the negotiation of the General Contractor Gross Maximum Price Contract.
- Reviews project objectives and plans, performance requirements, and project participants.
- Develops effective communications and mechanisms to ensure project coordination with the Owner, Design and Construction participants.
- Teams with Construction Manager and Development Director in overseeing the development of the project.
- Ensures that development and construction activities move according to contract schedule.
- Assists with major change orders requests with the design team and contractor. Helps coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which includes the architects, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Maintains strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Supports Construction Managers.
- Provides executive level project status reviews to corporate on Contractor performance, summary of budget and change orders required for billing, tenant coordination requirements, major design changes and other key issues.
- Assists with technical and financial briefings to equity and financial partners.
- Assists with acquiring of building permits and interacts with building officials.
- Fills in for construction managers as needed.
- Assists in hiring construction managers onsite.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree. A post graduate degree in construction management preferred.
- A Minimum 15 years of experience in development and construction management.
- Excellent communication skills and advanced skills with Microsoft project and excel.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
More than 15 years