BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Senior Property Administrator (Leasing/Property Management)
Real Estate - Commercial Transactions & Valuation Team
Want to work for the largest industrial and logistics landowner in the Lower Mainland?
With 2800 acres of trade-enabling lands across our portfolio, The Port of Vancouver is Canada’s leading and most diversified port, with $200 billion in goods traded annually through the Vancouver Gateway with more than 170 world economies. The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority manages port lands at the Port of Vancouver, and leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers.
Our Real Estate Department is looking for a seasoned Senior Property Administrator to join their dynamic Commercial Transactions & Valuations team to assume responsibility for a variety of real estate advisory and negotiation functions.
During 2017, the team acquired over 50 acres of land and buildings, completed several high profile development ground lease transactions, proactively managed over 250 agreements and provided multifaceted real estate advice to a wide range of trade enabling projects.
With an emphasis on the logistics industrial market, in this role, you will:
- Negotiate short and long term lease and licence agreements, terminal services agreements, amendments, surrenders, rent reviews, easements and other agreements for the utilization of port authority’s property.
- Negotiate property purchases, dispositions and exchanges, in fee simple as well as other real property interests, in accordance with port policies, guidelines and practices.
- Prepare internal valuation reports and rental proposals. Carry out market rental surveys, commission and review independent appraisal reports. Prepare analysis and submissions to management in support of land transaction and rent review proposals.
- Review lease/property agreements for completeness and accuracy. Coordinate and verify input to property management systems.
- Review Project Review and Environmental Appraisal applications.
- Proactively manage landlord and tenant relations, including monitoring of lease covenants such as purpose clause and rental collection.
- Field real estate inquiries from the public and explore new revenue growth opportunities for the port.
As the ideal candidate, you have a related business degree, preferably in commerce or real estate, along with at least 5 years’ experience at a senior level in a related commercial real property management environment, and eligible for a RI, AACI or RICS designation. Your outstanding negotiation, real estate analysis and leasehold administration skills, your strong orientation to customer service and your solid analytical abilities set you apart from the rest. You are also able to influence others and advocate the port’s interests with tact and diplomacy.
The port authority offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by visiting http://www.portvancouver.com/careers/
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years