Maximize leasing revenues by achieving the highest possible rent per square foot for each space/building/property, and by maintaining the lowest possible vacancy rate at all properties.
- Work with the VP Leasing, the Director of Leasing, the Property Management staff, and the Construction staff to ensure that properties are marketed, maintained and operated in a manner that –
- Attracts potential tenants;
- Promotes tenant retention; and
- Adds to the positive reputation of the property and the company.
- Assist the VP Leasing and the Director of Leasing prepare and negotiate Lease Proposals for new leases and renewals.
- During new and renewal lease negotiations, and as directed by the VP Leasing or the Director of Leasing, coordinate comments between attorneys, tenants and others concerning rents, floor layouts, work-orders, and other lease-document related issues (using the Legal Department as needed).
- Assist VP Leasing and the Director of Leasing monitor upcoming lease expirations to achieve timely renewals.
- Identify and represent the company at events that provide networking opportunities as well as attend other events and conferences assigned.
- Work with the VP Leasing and the Director of Leasing in facilitating and arranging broker events.
- Conduct targeted market studies for each upcoming available space nine months before existing tenant’s renewal date – or whenever there is an unanticipated vacancy.
- Handle inquiries about available space and “qualify” tenants.
- Work in collaboration with the VP Leasing and the Director of Leasing to show space to potential tenants or to arrange for space to be shown.
- Manage the progress of new and renewal leases (including overseeing the Lease-preparation process) and ensure compliance with each step of the Hutch Management Lease Processing Procedure. Assure that –
- Lease abstracts are completed in a timely fashion.
- The Accounting Department is provided leasing information and documentation in a timely manner.
- Tenant Leasing files are properly maintained.
- Assist in the development of marketing packages, mailers, brochures, floor plans and other targeted marketing materials needed to aggressively promote space.
- As directed by the VP Leasing, prepare and/or obtain and distribute marketing materials and floor plans for current and upcoming vacant spaces in a timely fashion – including measurements and drawing of space and collection of necessary data.
- Assist in the marketing of space to brokers via the use of mailers, emails, Constant Contact, Costar and LoopNet.
- Monthly, provide the Leasing Coordinator with all up-to-date information needed to market and maintain available space listings on Costar, LoopNet, and the Hutch Company Website.
- Identify and canvass new tenant prospects.
- Collect market information from brokers and from visits/calls to competitive properties.
- Work with the VP Leasing and the Director of Leasing to analyze market data and develop information with which to determine market rents.
- Ensure that “For Lease” signs are erected six months in advance of vacancies.
- As assigned, work with the Construction Department to ensure that construction/ build-out work is thorough and meets the deadline(s) necessary for tenant to occupy space, and is in accordance with the terms of the tenant’s lease.
- Monitor the activities of the Leasing Coordinator to verify that reports are completed in a timely manner and web site information is correctly updated, and provide assistance when needed.
- Assist with tenant space planning and communications with Tenant and Landlord architects.
- Create and update internal reporting documents, as needed.
- Establish rapport with brokerage community.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.