Who We Are:
Prime Group is the largest private owner-operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Focused solely on self-storage, Prime Group sources, owns and manages its portfolio of over 11,000,000 rentable square feet located in 23 states throughout the U.S. The Denver office of Prime Group is led by the Senior Vice President - Acquisitions, and the team sources acquisitions across the Midwest, Mountain West, South West and West Coast.
The Acquisition Associate is key member of the company’s Acquisition Team and will assist in all aspects of the acquisition process with specific focus on: pricing and underwriting new self-storage acquisition opportunities, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to construct an informed “business plan” and assessment of investment merits / risks, conducting financial and other due diligence on acquisitions throughout the closing process. The person holding this position will consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment.
This position is ideal for someone who is driven, passionate, detail oriented, a “power user” in Excel and interested in growing their career in the commercial real estate industry.
- Underwrite new self-storage acquisition opportunities utilizing candidate’s advanced capabilities with Excel
- Manage the underwriting queue by prioritizing individual deals in relation to other deals in the queue / additional responsibilities
- Assess seller / broker provided documentation to ensure that all requisite information has been furnished and validated for each deal
- Effectively assess viability of new markets / feasibility of new deals within said markets
- Determine market rates and appropriately adjust proforma rates for each prospective facility
- Utilize external / internal resources to accurately predict future property taxes, capital expenditures and closing costs
- Make informed, concise and cogent recommendations on how to best move forward on deals based on price and deal structure given the Company’s investment criteria
The Ideal Candidate:
• 1-4 years of experience in a highly analytical role preferably in the commercial real estate industry or complimentary industry (self-storage experience a plus but not required)
• “Power user” in Microsoft Excel with the ability to build / improve models
• Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail • Ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment • Excellent interpersonal and communication (written, verbal / presentation based) skills
• Ability to adapt to change within a fast-paced environment
• Possessed self-initiative and embraces continuous improvement work ethic
• Courteous, collaborative, diplomatic and professional
• Full-time employment
• Benefits (health, dental / vision, 401k and PTO)
• Competitive pay + bonus potential
To be Considered:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Kindly place “Acquisition Associate” in the subject line.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.