Vice President of Development
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development, this highly visionary, creative and curious leader will oversee many aspects of the development, redevelopment and repositioning of large multi-family properties in the local key target markets with a special focus on California. This individual will have responsibility for the planning, pro-forma modeling, and project management of redevelopment projects for a portfolio of multi-family properties that includes garden-style, mid-rise and high-rise properties.
We seek a creative leader who is passionate about and has demonstrated successful delivery of highly differentiated projects. Leveraging an imaginative, distinct approach that makes projects truly stand out, this leader creates individually unique apartment communities through a customized, tailored design targeted to a very specific target base.
- Lead a team of highly capable Development leaders and have ultimate accountability on all development projects for the Western coastal US.
- Provide guidance on “the story” behind multiple decision points, specifically through design and feasibility phases of preconstruction.
- Personally oversee the development / redevelopment of very large, complex projects within the assigned territory.
- Support additional redevelopment projects nationally as necessary.
- Work closely with group and business leaders across the organization to drive projects from inception to completion, for all project sizes and scopes.
- Actively manage aspects of the development/redevelopment process, including: feasibility, financial analysis, market research, demographic studies, entitlements and other necessary governmental approvals, and the oversight of site, engineering, landscape, and architecture plans, with collaborative support from the Senior Vice President.
- Review and approve plans during schematic, design development, and construction drawing phases.
- Participate in planning charrettes.
- Partner with the Construction Services team to ensure successful pre-construction planning and construction completion of complex projects.
- Partner with Aimco’s Finance team to create and maintain detailed financial models and reports.
· Successful track record of developing and/or redeveloping multifamily properties with a highly creative design orientation.
· Collaborative, professional approach to building relationships across the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to create and deliver high-impact, effective presentations, including strong writing skills
· Proactive communication with internal and external business partners at all levels.
· Capable of managing through influence when needed.
· Proven ability to negotiate successfully with government agencies and external business partners.
· Strong ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize projects and tasks.
· Strong network of local area design and consulting professional relationships.
The ideal candidate will possess at least seven years of experience leading ground-up development projects and/or large-scale repositioning, renovation, and redevelopment projects. Our ideal candidate will have multifamily residential, condo, or hospitality development experience within the greater California and coastal marketplaces. To be considered, candidates should have a proven background managing large projects from concept through completion. A strong project management background, design orientation and experience with the entitlement/zoning process are critical to success in this position. Additionally, the chosen candidate must be a confident communicator with the level of maturity and presence necessary to influence business unit leaders across the organization.
The ideal candidate should also possess a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, or a closely related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Are you ready? Apply today!
- Architecture / Design
- Business Development
- Project Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.