The Acquisitions Associate will focus on all aspects of real estate acquisitions and development including financial analysis and modeling, due diligence, legal document review, and ad hoc analysis. The Associate will prepare detailed financial analyses and models including those for transaction underwriting and return on investment analysis, and will provide key takeaways to senior management.
- Source new transactions by building strong relationships with brokers in the NYC multifamily space
- Underwrite opportunities from a real estate and financial perspective
- Pro-actively update senior management on deals being pursued
- Prepare investment committee materials including detailed underwriting analysis, market research, business plan, and ad hoc analyses as required
- Write investment memoranda that thoughtfully assesses key investment risks
- Conduct property-level due diligence and formally present such diligence in investment committee materials
- Assist with all other areas of due diligence including but not limited to legal and environmental
- Assist with the sourcing of debt financing for acquisitions during the due diligence process and contract period
- See each transaction through to closing including transition to asset management, property management, and construction teams
- A minimum of 1-5 years of experience in financial analysis or other quantitative role.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling, MS Excel skills
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills are also required to succeed in a fast paced environment, managing multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Coping skills, attention to detail, along with a strong desire to grow and succeed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work well in groups but also independently to manage and own tasks.
- Candidates that have a passion for real estate, a strong entrepreneurial mind, and strong work ethic will have the potential to become part of a growing company
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.