Simone Development is a full-service real estate company specializing in office, healthcare, retail and industrial properties in the New York tri-state area. Headquartered in the Bronx, this privately held company owns and manages more than 5 million square feet at more than 100 properties.
- Manages the activities of the Tenant Services Coordinator
- Assists the Property Managers in activities and tasks to a assure that the properties are maintained and operated at a level that A) causes Tenants to be highly satisfied and inclined to want to continue as Tenants beyond Lease expiration; B) causes potential Tenants to be positively impressed; and C) adds to the good reputation of the property and its Owners.
- Understands whether the responsibility for repair/maintenance is the responsibility of the Landlord or the Tenant, and communicates to the Tenant when repair/maintenance is not the Landlord’s responsibility. When work is performed, follows up to be sure the complaint is resolved and that the cost is billed back if it is the Tenant’s responsibility.
- Assures that all Property Management reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepares communications to Tenants, e.g. – Rent Commencement Letters, Substantial Completion Letters, Tenant Default Letters and notifications related to maintenance, testing, etc.
- Monitors the completion and notification of all Tenant service requests.
- Monitors the billable tracking for maintenance requests and ensures signed forms are received and billed back accordingly.
- Assures that the shuttle bus staffing is covered.
- Coordinates all equipment annual/semi-annual testing – including, but not limited to, elevators, RPZ devices, boilers, cooling towers and sprinklers and has responsibility for the paperwork associated with the testing and the resolution of any deficiencies.
- Monitors and tracks TCOs (Temporary Certificates of Occupancy), Public Assembly Permits, Purchase Orders, Violations, Purchase Order spreadsheets related to use of attorneys, and notes where Tenant bill back allocation is applicable.
- Obtains Estoppel Certificates and other documents from Tenants when requested by the Legal Department.
- Clears violations and updates spreadsheets.
- Assists Property Managers with DOB filing paperwork and with obtaining signatures, notarization and checks.
- Obtains building signage after approval by ownership.
- Assists Property Managers with obtaining EUP (Equipment Use Permits) for all HVAC
- Monitors Tenant and Vendor insurance for appropriate coverage and ensures that Excel spreadsheets are maintained.
- Tallies and obtains sign off for open job applications for all sites.
- Maintains and monitors Preventive Maintenance Schedule.
- Completes and manages tasks related to Incident Reports, while keeping the Property Manager informed.
- Prepares and places purchase orders.
- Supervises activities related to payroll time sheets, employee attendance records and vacation and personal day use.
- Assists Property Managers with the preparation of annual budgets.
- Insures that all vehicles and equipment are properly insured and registered and maintains related reports.
- Assists Property Managers in the preparation of Annual Service Contracts, monitors renewal dates and saves the Contracts on Smart Cabinet.
- Maintains a master list of all utility meter numbers and account numbers.
- Assures that utility accounts are switched over when Tenants move in and out.
- Resolves issues related to utility meter bills.
- Maintains equipment inventory list.
- Carries out other duties as needed or as directed by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 1-3 years of commercial real estate or property management related experience.
- Some College/College Degree or comparable work experience preferred
- Ideal: Completed CPM/RPA courses
- Strong administrative, organization skills, and ability to prioritize work and attention to detail
- Professional and ability to keep information confidential
- Technical/Special Skills: Familiarity with computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products, Yardi accounting software, excellent communication skills.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.