We are seeking a Reserve Analyst to conduct timely and accurate review of special purpose reserve requests, including but not limited to Replacement Reserves, Completion Repair Reserve, and Tenant Improvement and Leasing Commission Reserve, in full compliance with all investor, trustee, rating agency, regulatory and internal requirements, and, provide oversight of Letters of Credit provided in lieu of cash reserve deposits. The position is located in Blue Bell, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clear communication skills for corresponding with borrower/ borrower representative
- Diligent progress tracking of the reserve requests
- Escalation of substandard work, delayed progress and/or other anomalies
- Maintenance of the tracking database
- Timely processing of draw packages
- Loan Documents: The Reserve Analyst will read, understand and effect the unique requirements of each loan relative to the reserve provisions.
- Customer Service: As a client-facing role, the Reserve Analyst will communicate the borrower obligations required by the loan documents and provide prompts and guidance to the borrower to meet these obligations in a positive, constructive and supportive manner.
- Compliance: The Reserve Analyst will monitor the progress and scope of repairs relative to the requirements of the loan documents, the Investor guidelines and department policy. Special attention will be paid to repair due dates.
- Communications: The Reserve Analyst will provide systematic outreach to borrowers via email and phone work consistent department policy. The tenor and tone of communications will integrate both customer service and the need for compliance.
- Database Maintenance: The Reserve Analyst will provide timely updates to the department tracking systems as well as Investor systems.
- Draw Processing: The Reserve Analyst will assess each reserve draw submitted by the borrower to verify that all items are qualified and properly documented. Once complete, the Reserve Analyst will recommend and document the disbursement of funds.
- Monitor and validate Letter of Credit (LoC) renewals
- Monitor credit ratings for banks from which LoCs are issued
- Administer custody and prepare required documentation to facilitate a draw (if needed)
- Assist with special projects when assigned
- Judgment: The ability to balance the customer service and compliance components to the satisfaction of the borrower, management, and the Investors and the knowledge to escalate in the event of imbalance.
- Communications: The ability to listen and speak effectively with borrowers, staff and Investors in impromptu circumstances. Strong reading and writing skills are required for both internal and external documents.
- Discipline: The ability and aptitude to maintain multiple databases on a real time basis. Must embrace the need for data integrity and timeliness.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to prioritize and progress multiple tasks on a strict timeline
- Technology: The ability to confidently work with various Investor systems, and internal systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Effective phone presence
- Past experience with legal documents and contracts
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, Outlook and experience with database maintenance
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job